X-Rite ATD / ATS Scanning Devices for Sale??

Asures

I have a customer that is looking for a replacement X-Rite ATD / ATS Scanning densitometer for their press. According to them, the hardware took a dive and when my client called X-rite, they can only get a $3500.00 credit towards a $40,000Intellitrax unit.

The quick options are purchasing a Techkon unit for $15,000 or using a handheld to balance color. It's probably unlikely that they can find someone that works independantly to repair their unit.

If anyone has an X-Rite ATD / ATS for a 40" press, can you please PM me and let me know how much you might want for it?

Thank in advance.

Last edited:
I guess there must be a few ATS's around from all the folks who have bought Intellitrax's. I think you can get an Intellitrax for a much better price than 40grand. Here's one website selling them for half that.

IntelliTrax Auto Scanning System
you should really try and convince your customer to get an Intellitrax, they will not regret the investment and it will pay itself back fairly quickly. It takes a fraction of the time to set up compared to the ATS system.

Thank you for the response. We are also a dealer of X-Rite products as is the website/reseller you provided.

I'm not sure that the Intellitrax would be compatable with the "Closed Loupe" system and software that they currently have now, without requiring some sort of additional upgrade. That's what drives the price up. That's really what the customer is trying to avoid. They have a 2003 Mitsubishi and are trying to avoid having to invest in an entirely new set up of their system as apposed to just finding a plug in for their current, non-funtional unit.

Any sort of closed loupe automation for color balance beats taking hand held readings. The difference is like comparing a horse and buggy to a Ferrari. That being said, I've seen a lot of knuckle heads drive fancy cars =).

I told my client that I'd keep my eyes open but advised them it may be a hard find because of the age of their unit.

X-Rite doesn't support the ATD, ATS or PDC-S anymore, however at Lithronix we do!
Please ship it to us and we will fix it for you.
If your ATD, ATS or PDC-S is not working properly give us call at 513-235-4299 and we will help you troubleshoot. We have repaired scanning heads and tracks that have been working great for over five years now! Save some money and fix your old system if you've been happy with it! Please check our listing on ebay http://www.ebay.com/itm/X-Rite-ATD-...pectrophotometer-Scanner-Repair-/201027138625 or visit us at Lithronix We can get your system up and running in less than a week!

Last edited:
We have one, it worked when we got it, but it hasn't been used in years, so I'm sure it still works. Are you still in the market for one?

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back