X-Rite ATD/ATS

Nutech Shroff

Hello,
We have X-Rite ATD and ATS systems on our printing machines. We have lost the original CDs for the software - does anyone know where I can download and keep the CDs ready - incase the computers ever crash.
We also have ATD News on our web - which we no longer use - Does any one know if we can we use this ATD News on our sheetfed (offline) using the same strips as we do on our ATD/ATS

Hello,

Understanding that the older ATD/ATS systems are no longer in production, I can provide you a link to download the software. Please give me a call at 1-888-826-3059 Opt 3.

Also the ATD News systems will only work with the ATD News software. You will not be able to use the ATD News hardware with ATD software.

Scott
(X-Rite)

The ATD News 2 system will only support a continuous graybar like you would see on a newspaper. It will not support CMYK solid ink patches like you would see in a ‘normal’ colorbar for an offset press.

Scott

Hi Scott - tried calling your number a few times but the call didnt go thru - is there an alternate number I can call? Also is it possible to email me the links on here so I can download the files.

Hi.....Send me an email at [email protected] so I can send you the link.

Scott

Hi Scott,

Many Thanks - I was able to get the unit operational.

Just a question - I have a 8 color - 4 over 4 perfector. I have set up the machine as an 8 color machine and am setting up the job with 2 strip - one each on the front and back trailing edges. It recongines and measures the 2 strip but then displays the result of only 4 colors - shouldnt it be displaying 2 separate graphs - one for front and one for back - Am I doing anything wrong in the setup. Can you help me with this?

Hi,

The issue is how the ATS/ATD software handles perfecting presses....or doesn't handle perfecting presses.

In order to get all eight colors you need to set up a 8 color press...the first 4 units being the top side and the last 4 being the bottom side. Then you will need to create two separate colorbars (even though they might be the exact same colorbar). The top side will use units 1-4 and the back or bottom colorbar will use units 5-8.

In the job setup window you will put the top colorbar on the Trailing/Front and the bottom on the Gripper/Back (don't put it in the Trailing/Back otherwise the key zones will be in the wrong order).

This should get you all 8 colors on the screen.

Last point....our new ITX system deals with perfecting press completely different.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back