Xerox 1000i - Diagnostics not loading properly due to press serial number being "Not Available"

gafana

On our press, when we try to enter Diagnostics, it shows an error saying Diagnostics We'll run an integrated mode because the serial number of the press doesn't match a serial number of the diagnostics license. I know it used to work but in recent months, I've been using a Xerox technician laptop for diagnostics but it had a HDD failure and it's out of commission. So this is the first time I've seen this issue on the PCUI diagnostics. A while back, the PCUI computer had a problem (Kept randomly shutting off) so I bought another used computer of the same exact model and reinstalled all of the software on an SSD. I'm not sure if that is related to this error now with Diagnostics as that was done a long time ago and I hadn't used diagnostics on the PCUI since then.

SERIAL NUMBER DOES APPEAR THOUGH
The strange thing is that the serial number does appear ok in several various Xerox tools/applications so the serial number is set and is being read. All boards in the press are original so there hasn't been any changes internally. everything else seems to be working fine. I'm still able to enter diagnostics but it only lets me read and write NVM values and see errors. I can't do any in-depth diagnostics and troubleshooting.

SYSTEM REPORT MISSING ALL PRINT ENGINE INFO
The system report program shows not available for serial number. I did notice that the PCUI is missing Visual Studio C++ and the current version of MS Access is 14.0 and expected is 12.0. Not sure if that could be related.
1710478784097.png

REMOTE SERVICES SHOWS SERIAL NUMBER OK
On the remote services Application, it is able to read the serial number no problem., in the transfer history it shows EPSV data collection failed. Try to click the send now button it goes through and gathers all the information off of the press like but after it finishes going through all the different steps, ends with the same error saying EPSV data collection failed. Also not sure if related.
1710478795579.png

DIAGNOSTICS LICENSE SHOWS CORRECT SERIAL #
Within The diagnostics program, I'm able to view the license details and it does show the correct serial number which also matches the serial number shown on remote services which is also the actual serial number of the press. But for some reason diagnostics says it doesn't match and I'm assuming it's because diagnostics isn't receiving the actual serial number.
1710478805289.png

"WHY DON'T YOU JUST CALL A TECH?"
I wish....I've tried for months to get a tech to come out and work on our press. There Aren't any independent companies anymore that have technicians That know how to work on this machine. The only independent company I know of in Southern California that still technically can service a 1000i is X -Digital But I have been unable to get someone to actually show up. When I do get a response And schedule an appointment, the last two times nobody showed up. The machine is not in contract and I tried talking to Xerox directly. I have tried on three different occasions to schedule A technician to come out, they collect all my information, then they tell me someone will call me back to schedule it. No one ever calls me back. Without the help of all of you guys on the forums and my technician laptop I managed to get my hands on, I wouldn't be able to do anything. So here I am. If anyone knows of any Xerox tech that can service a machine in Southern California, please let me know.

On our press, when we try to enter Diagnostics, it shows an error saying Diagnostics We'll run an integrated mode because the serial number of the press doesn't match a serial number of the diagnostics license. I know it used to work but in recent months, I've been using a Xerox technician laptop for diagnostics but it had a HDD failure and it's out of commission. So this is the first time I've seen this issue on the PCUI diagnostics. A while back, the PCUI computer had a problem (Kept randomly shutting off) so I bought another used computer of the same exact model and reinstalled all of the software on an SSD. I'm not sure if that is related to this error now with Diagnostics as that was done a long time ago and I hadn't used diagnostics on the PCUI since then.

SERIAL NUMBER DOES APPEAR THOUGH
The strange thing is that the serial number does appear ok in several various Xerox tools/applications so the serial number is set and is being read. All boards in the press are original so there hasn't been any changes internally. everything else seems to be working fine. I'm still able to enter diagnostics but it only lets me read and write NVM values and see errors. I can't do any in-depth diagnostics and troubleshooting.

SYSTEM REPORT MISSING ALL PRINT ENGINE INFO
The system report program shows not available for serial number. I did notice that the PCUI is missing Visual Studio C++ and the current version of MS Access is 14.0 and expected is 12.0. Not sure if that could be related.
View attachment 292667

REMOTE SERVICES SHOWS SERIAL NUMBER OK
On the remote services Application, it is able to read the serial number no problem., in the transfer history it shows EPSV data collection failed. Try to click the send now button it goes through and gathers all the information off of the press like but after it finishes going through all the different steps, ends with the same error saying EPSV data collection failed. Also not sure if related.
View attachment 292668

DIAGNOSTICS LICENSE SHOWS CORRECT SERIAL #
Within The diagnostics program, I'm able to view the license details and it does show the correct serial number which also matches the serial number shown on remote services which is also the actual serial number of the press. But for some reason diagnostics says it doesn't match and I'm assuming it's because diagnostics isn't receiving the actual serial number.
View attachment 292669

"WHY DON'T YOU JUST CALL A TECH?"
I wish....I've tried for months to get a tech to come out and work on our press. There Aren't any independent companies anymore that have technicians That know how to work on this machine. The only independent company I know of in Southern California that still technically can service a 1000i is X -Digital But I have been unable to get someone to actually show up. When I do get a response And schedule an appointment, the last two times nobody showed up. The machine is not in contract and I tried talking to Xerox directly. I have tried on three different occasions to schedule A technician to come out, they collect all my information, then they tell me someone will call me back to schedule it. No one ever calls me back. Without the help of all of you guys on the forums and my technician laptop I managed to get my hands on, I wouldn't be able to do anything. So here I am. If anyone knows of any Xerox tech that can service a machine in Southern California, please let me know.
Machine show 'integrated' or 'degraded' mode?
Sent you email. Check.

Last edited:
The 1000i will no longer be supported by Xerox later this year. I'm betting they shut everything down associated with it to turn it into a brick.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back