X-Y Addressability Indicator and Gradient - how to use this scale

MannyV

Hi all,
Need some education here please.
The circular part seem fairly straight forward to read and understand. How do I read and test this step wedge scale portion horizontally and vertically for test? SPI - Samples per inch?
scale.png

Franz Sigg from RIT (retired, Switzerland) developed this test target.
I think after you output the file on a device, a moire pattern appears in the patch that matches the spi addressability.

SPI: Spots per Inch

following Steves moire pattern indicating: like this in the top half at 300 (but here it is just a screenshot..., we all know it from a film strip to identify the lpi of a print...):

1619676048399.png

Thank you, very practical device to measure vendors addressability when shopping around. Reading about vendors capabilities and proving it are always more reassuring when shopping. This can a good start also for identifying root causes.

I pulled this from one of his RIT papers
Addressability Indicator. Sometimes output devices indicate a higher addressability than they mechanically produce. This target helps to determine true mechanical addressability.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back