Xante - 2 lemons

bpc1959

we put a Xante Production Unit in service in April 2010 - trouble began in June 2010 - several documented days without use of machine - Xante finally replaced origianal unit on November 19, 2010 - the replacement unit was just as bad as the first - 2nd print driver was a reconditioned unit which was never explained until Tech Support advised us that Tech Support was out of the loop and all replacement units were reconditioned; sales & accounting was going to refund our company. We have had no Tech Support since December 9th, 2010 yet the lease agreement continues to run. The file has been referred to the Attorney General for the State of North Carolina for disposition - we have heard nothing from Xante sales or accounting. For the full story, call 800-528-6432 - Highly recommend some other Digital Production Press, not Xante!

Wow, I was thinking of a Xante

Wow, I was thinking of a Xante

So bpc1959,
Was this through a local distributor?
We have a digital contract through a local distributor here in Caly for other digi equipment.
I know it depends on your choice of local distributors as to the level of service to expect. It sounds like you are at odds with the manufacturer itself from your statement.

Respone to Brentman

Respone to Brentman

Brentman - the unit was purchased from a local distributor - the first 12 months technical support is from Xante themselves - you are correct, my beef is with Xante direct which they have finally decided to have top management get involved instead of Tech Support or a Sales Rep. - the unit started out great but as we progressed thru the summer problems occurred . most of the technical support was with their tech reps by e-mail and a few calls. We have our own IT Company but the issues we experienced had to do with their firm ware, something our IT Company could not solve. The National Sales Manager is directly involved now and can make a decision, hopefully we will have this resolved today - Most of their units perform great - possibly the first was manufactured after a holiday. We like the ease of operation of the Production Model and we no longer use ink. freddie

The Reality

The Reality

Got to realize the reality here.

The Xante is nothing more than a tweaked Okidata 9650. You are paying $15K for what is essentially a $3k machine.

It's a casual color office machine which is being pushed and prodded into acting like a digital press. It is not capable of consistent color (nor color matching) no matter what software or hardware modifications you throw at it. Parts will wear fast, and consistency of output will degrade. At a little over $3000., it should be viewed as a disposable piece of equipment.

Having said this, I own seven of them and would buy another in a heartbeat. If you match it to an appropriate need or market, the output is pleasing and sellable, especially in the case of envelopes.

This is not the first time i've heard this exact same story with Xante equipment. I had a similar experience with a different device.

I see three choices:
A.) Send the equipment back, demand a refund for lost time, consumables, etc.
B.) Accept this is the limitation of the equipment, demand they re-negotiate the lease with a steep discount or a large credit towards consumables.
C.) Pay off the lease and have seek fulfillment with a baseball bat (see attached image)

Attachments

• office_space_1.jpg
    office_space_1.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 145
Last edited:

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back