Xante Illumina DEP - window envelopes issue

jzezza

Is there a way to adjust temperature (Illumina DEP) to reduce shrinking of window envelope? Checked media settings in the iQueue. Do not see this option. Printing on Printmaster Envelopes - Blue Security Tint 24 White Wove. Not sure if these are heat resistant. Please advise.

I believe you need to use Glassine window envelopes. I don't think anyone stocks them in a security tint though.

Western States Envelope & Label has the Digi-Clear Window envelopes that are made to run on digital machines.

I second the Western States Envelope digi-clear. I've used them on my Ilumina and they work great. The window is crystal clear and not translucent like the glassine stuff. I think National Envelope has a window envelope too that is designed for digital output. I got some samples at an Xpedx Open House a few months ago. Haven't tried them yet. Another option is open window envelopes, they have no plastic at all. I've used 'em before.

Thank you for your responses/suggestions. I spoke with Xante technician who confirmed that only Glassine and Corn Silk are the only materials that will not melt on the fuser. Just an FYI, I was able to run my existing envelopes on a Xerox Qube printer and they ran OK. However, the production is significantly slower than the Illumina and the pressure on the rollers gave some minor wrinkling on some, but not all of the envelopes. I do believe that the digi-clear are twice the price of the current envelope I have in stock. It will be worth it to run on the Illumina. Again....Thanks.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back