Xante Ilumina Digital Envelope Press

I have 3 words for there products!!!!!!!!!!
And i will leave it at that.

My oki c9300's work great along with my phaser's 7700.
They both can print 12pt gloss cover and i can even run 140lb through them
and they print 4 color envelopes with nice results..
And they cost a lot less to maintain.

Alternative to Xante and PSI Envelope Press

Alternative to Xante and PSI Envelope Press

We are a UK based company called Intec Printing Solutions. We have 2 new products based on the 9650 Oki engine that are specifically designed for production envelopes or heavy-stock feeding. Our CP2020 can handle medias up to 512 gsm and print on various media types up to 320mm x 1.2m.

Additionally, for those of you who already own a Oki, Xante Ilumina, Xerox, etc., all of our input and output systems are designed to be modular and can be purchased separately from our Intec CP2020 print engine. Our independently powered devices do not attach to the printer and can easily be added/removed to provide you with maximum printing flexibility.

Check out our YouTube videos to see the units in action...
YouTube - IntecPrinting's Channel

For more information:
Welcome to the Intec Printing Solutions

Has anyone tried just using the Okidate 9650 for short run envelope work?

I have the c9300 and it does pretty good.
I also have the 7700 and it does pretty good also.
but the Oki give you a better lay down on it.

And you maybe surprised but I also use my HP 4600 Laserjet.
And this prints dead nuts for color also.

You can buy the printer and a feeder, but you have to put the package together along with rip, and make it productive. If you have that type of talent standing around the shop, consider yourself fortunate. Most small production shops are equipped for production only and need quality equipment, service, and tech support.

Just to clarify what you are saying, it is difficult to make this work? I respectfully disagree, the RIP is internal and works as easy a print driver. It gives you spot on color as well as variable data capabilities, built in. If you can print from word, you can use the RIP. The feeder rolls up with no physical connection to the printer. When you want to use the multi purpose tray, roll the feeder back. 1220 x 1200 dpi, enhanced scanning and low cost per copy make this a viable alternative. These printers all have the same engine and they all do a good job, no question, but look at the bottom line. The OKI MFP series are sold only by servicing dealers. This gives you local, hands on service after the sale.

Xcelprint:
All of these Oki-based engine versions include internal Adobe PS Level 3 support or you have the option to purchase it with an external RIP for improved work flow control and colour management. Each manufacturers RIP offering may be slightly different and will involve an additional learning curve to use the work flow - but it is definitely not required for small shops looking for a out of the box colour solution.

So. Am I understanding you to say that a shop can feel confident in buying the OKI printer and a feeder and get up and operating without going to the expense of buying the "package deal".

We were offered a package deal of printer, feeder and delivery, fiery rip, 1 year free service, for 24k+ (no click charges, buy consumables).

I read some earlier posts on this site that a printer and feeder should cost about 10k. Quite a difference in money and no need to spend it if we can do this ourselves.

Complete package purchase -vs- buying the pieces. I guess that is the question I am facing.

Thanks for your help, I am just trying to make a good decision here.

The Xante solution that started this thread is a package solution, but the Oki or Intec printer can be purchased as a stand-alone unit. The stand-alone feeders (Intec, PSI, Streamfeeder, Straightshooter etc.) can then be added on to the printer and rolled-up as needed for each type of job. An external RIP may also be added on at a later date if you feel your work flow needs more control or if you decide to add additional printers.

Another thing to consider is the type of output you want to achieve, the Intec and Xante units are the only Oki-based engines that can print on stocks over 300 gsm in weight. If you do not see a need for over 300 gsm to print business cards, holiday card, etc. on thicker stocks - then the base Oki engine (also sold by Xerox as their Phaser model) might be the best solution for you since it is cheaper. The heavy stock units come with a high price tag because they require additional engineering.. BUT you can sell the output for a higher price due to it being a speciality market. If you are only interested in light-stock it is more expensive to run and you would not be doing yourself any favours in buying a heavy-stock unit.

Basically, it all comes down to what you would like to output on it and what your budget is. Hope this helps!

Thanks again for the advice. We do need heavy stock print capability. I am convinced we need a machine like this, I just cannot decide whether I need to spend the money to buy the complete package deal, or buy the printer and feeder and try to do it ourselves.

Thanks.

If you are unsure about the package deal versus the individual components.. look at it from a service and support standpoint to make your decision. An integrated machine will not allow you to print if one of the parts fails, where as a independent feeder or output could be serviced separately and allow you to continue outputting to the printer. Some companies may also offer faster servicing or training via a local distribution channel and may be a better fit for the way you need to operate your company. The engine itself is very reliable, but the learning curve for printing on such a wide range of stocks can give you a bit of a headache at first... would suggest you also make friends with other owners of the brand you purchase and swap info on what stocks and settings to use for best results.

We have the Ilumina and it prints envelopes really well, but we can only use the multipurpose tray, which holds not much more than 25 to 50 envelopes at a time. I agree that the Ilumina Envelope press is overpriced; unfortunately until another alternative comes to the marketplace for printing envelopes on toner based devices which holds 500 #10 envelopes with the envelope feeder and has a delivery conveyor belt stacker, Xante will be able to charge $20,000+.

Just to let you know, there is another alternative that has been out in the marketplace for over a year called the DigiXpress. It comes with an envelope feeder (that is not fixed, therefore allowing you to use the manual feed tray for other purposes). There is a choice of 2 Oki copiers to go along with it. The starting price is $15,000 but the great part is if you go with the higher end option of $20,000 the consummables are about half the price of Xante or PSI. I will tell you that we are the reseller of this product and have had many happy customers.

Just to let you know, there is another alternative that has been out in the marketplace for over a year called the DigiXpress. It comes with an envelope feeder (that is not fixed, therefore allowing you to use the manual feed tray for other purposes). There is a choice of 2 Oki copiers to go along with it. The starting price is $15,000 but the great part is if you go with the higher end option of $20,000 the consummables are about half the price of Xante or PSI. I will tell you that we are the reseller of this product and have had many happy customers.

Just buy a Oki 9650, a Straight Shooter feeder and your set for under $10,000 and the consumables can be purchased very reasonable as compared to all these other digital envelope suppliers that utilize the same engine and charge a fortune for them and their consumables. Use the Oki til it drops, toss it, and buy another Oki. You'll come out money ahead.

To the Gentelman who Bid $800 for 5000 envelopes - You are kidding right?
#1 5000 is kind of out of Digital Printing strong side.
#2 An OKI laser printer based machines is not a right weapon to fight this fight.
#3 Even with Contract (Assuming machine is owned, and person is not obligated to make gazillion clicks per month) Contract clicks are 10-11 cents and you bid 16 cents per, including Envelope.
You really should not complain about machine and cost - with all due respect, your inability to calculate is the problem. On any Toner based machine we all should have a minimum click cost and most of us does. 5000 envelopes, someone with small 4 color press and envelope feeder could make a descent money where lets say 20 different lots totalling 5000 pcs should be the job for digital printer and would be a lot more expencive and there for profitable for guy like you.

MACH5 | Rena Systems | Faster Print Lower Cost Full Color

Its a inkjet that runs envelopes at 9000 per hour. Consumables look to be about 1/5 of the cost of toner based machines. It cost around $13000.

Thanks for the info. I saw that ad and just now asked for pricing. It's amazing how technology marches on. I have an Oki 9800 and print envelopes several times a month.

If the Mach5 is an inkjet, it may have an Achilles heel. Ink jet ink tends to penetrate deep into standard envelope paper, sometimes bleeding right through to the other side. (see Riso HC 5000).

This can make color management an issue as well. Toner bonds to the surface of the paper, allowing for richer color, and facilitating color managent. Liquid ink sinks into the paper, making colors dull and muddy.

Oki 9800

Oki 9800

I use an Oki 9800 for envelopes, as well as a 9650 and a 9600.

May I ask if you ever run into issues printing 9 x 12" and 10 x 13" envelopes? I usually get a black toner tint on the vertical seam line, primarily on the right side.

Also - any issues resulting from the temperature/humidity in your shop?

Thanks

Certain size envelopes can be a challenge. If you're getting smudging, I would look for leaks in the toners, or it might be time for a change out of a drum or transfer belt. I rarely have that problem, but one of these usually corrects it.

Toner Issue

Toner Issue

Not a drum issue - I changed twice with no effect.

Struggling to see the belt as the culprit. To the best of my knowledge it is used to transport the paper and maintain a charge.

There are two parts to the toners. There's the part that holds the toner then there's the lower part that has an image drum roller in it. Those can cause smudges when they wear out. I'd start with the black one.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back