Xante Impressia for Metal Plates

kyprinter

Hi Everyone,
I was just wondering if any one has had any experience with the Xante Impressia Metal Platesetter
and if so what are your opinions of the pros and cons? I've been thinking about getting one.
Thanks,
Gary

Had you considered a Glunz & Jensen PlateWriter 2000, as well ?

It runs Metal plates, no chemistry and with better registration for spot color and CMYK colour work.

I know several sites that have changed from the Impressia to the G&J solution, BUT it is more expensive. Depending upon where you are and if you get an ex-demo unit you would be talking $20,000 (ex Demo) to $25,000 Full list.

G&J also do it under interest free credit over 10 months, or for $200 per week over 33 months.

(Note: I am a consultant that works for G&J so this is a biased response, thought I needed to add that, didn't want you to think this was an unbiased comment).

Impressia for metal plates

Impressia for metal plates

I have considerable experience with Xante and their plate systems, Impressia, Violet Metal and Poly.
Truthfully you would be better off with their Photopolymer Violet (VM) System.
If the "new" price of something like that is too steep for your budget give me a call I know where there are a couple "repo" systems going cheap.
702-561-5936
Kim Sakowski

Many thanks guys for the input. I am just considering buying a used Impressia because it seems to be a very good price but more often than not there is a good reason for something being priced cheep. So I just wanted to get a feel for the machine, the quality of its output, and its reliability.
Thanks again,
Gary

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back