Xerox 1000i installed!

AP90

Just finished up the installation of our 1000i yesterday. Man this machine is impressive! I can understand why some people don't like the little extra gloss look of the prints, but for our application it is a better choice than a more matte finish. The speed of this thing is amazing. Prints come flying out of it, and I haven't even began to run it through it's paces. The calibration is amazing with the standard full width array. Simply click calibrate, and 16 sheets later the machine is up to calibration. The fiery it comes with is super fast and comes loaded with all the bells and whistles (impose, compose, pitstop, ect). We didn't get the clear gold and silver option as we would really never use it unless for a speciality job, which wouldn't justify the cost.

Overall this machines quality is amazing and would recommend it to anything who is needing something this big. Would also love to hear other people's comments on it. I know there's been a few other threads on it, especially with the trail edge blur going on for some people.

Hey AP90, Great to hear your 1000i is good. Ours is a dog and we're finding it very difficult to get a good print off it compared to the 800. We've actually yesterday been delivered our old 800 to setup next to the 1000i as Fuji Xerox cannot seem to figure out what's wrong. We've had 2 1000i's with the same issue. FX are saying that another 800 under in our area upgraded and is also very unhappy with the quality however people who are upgrading from a 1000 are happy as larry. What did you have before AP90?

We didn't have a machine before. We outsourced all of our printing. We did a trial with a C75 and found we wanted to make the plunge so we opted for the 1000i to handle all but a few of our accounts. The quality of the C75 was head over heels better than the quality we were getting outsourcing, and the 1000i is even better than that, so we are very happy. And our clients are going to be estatic so it's a win win all around for us.

I'd be interested in a status update of performance after about six months of production, or 1 million clicks. Not that I have any negative comments, I rave about Xerox, and, our Xerox equipment -- it sounds like a great machine. But, like a new automobile, you gotta wait till it get's "burned-in" before you can either endorse or not endorse a particular piece of equipment.

-Best
MailGuru

All the 1000i's I have seen have no blur , bleed or colour consistent issues.
In Australia Fuji Xerox has decided not to upgrade 1000 or 800s; but are offering a higher trade in price.

I have two Xerox 1000s with Plock Pro50 booklet makers we installed in January. They machine sand Fiery Rips were just upgraded to the "i" versions. Love them so far.

Hey Despotes, what did they charge you to upgrade to "i"? They haven't given me a price yet, but said the cost is for the Fiery RIP upgrade.

Well just wanted to give everyone an update on how are machine is doing. We put it into full production this week, and it has been flawless. Ive put somewhere around 40k clicks on it in the last 3 days and it hasn't skipped a beat. Consistent running, consistent color and alignment, and haven't had 1 paper jam yet. So overall, we are very pleased with it. The Full Width Array is really an amazing piece of equipment to compliment this machine. Makes alignment and color calibration very simple and accurate.

Thought I would give another update on our 1000i. We're right at 400k clicks on it and it has been great for us. Color has been really consistent and looks amazing. It is fairly glossy, so someone wanting to do a lot of matte probably wouldn't like it. But everyone we have sold to loves it.

Haven't had any issues with it that would be out of parts just wearing out. Had a feed roller need replacing and the pressure roller went out at about 350k. The full width array is coming in really handy for calibration and alignment. The fiery is a pretty powerful machine too, and comes with some nice features.

Overall, I couldn't be happier with the machine. Actually had some designers say our prints are better than with who they are currently with, and was able to pick up the account.

Have you compared your full width array calibration to what you get using the handheld spectrophotometer? We didn't seem to get as good of results using the array on our 2100, but there have been software updates since we last tried it, so it may have improved.

We use the handheld spectro with our 1000's. We were told right off the bat by a couple techs that we probably wouldn't be happy with the full width array calibration due to a few color critical customers.
However, the array is great for the automatic front to back registration and fixing inboard to outboard color shifts.

Kdw, no I have not compared them. If I have some extra time, I might try that out. Also, we don't have any customers right now who are very color critical. If we get someone like that then I'm sure it will show or not. Id just as soon stay away from them though lol.

We use the handheld spectro with our 1000's. We were told right off the bat by a couple techs that we probably wouldn't be happy with the full width array calibration due to a few color critical customers.
However, the array is great for the automatic front to back registration and fixing inboard to outboard color shifts.

I feel like that is not true and a misunderstanding of color management from your tech. The purpose of calibration is to return your printer to a known state. As long as you are using the same measurement tool (full width or spectro) you should yield accurate results.

Now when you want to profile your printer I would use spectral data from the handheld spectro and not the full width.

That's great to hear, because our 1000 we have had for more than a year has given us nothing but grief the xerox guys are in our shop every week it seems. But i agree when it runs it prints really good and the duplex registration is good compared to our older 700, I think from the beginning the machine was just not installed correctly. I always loved the Fiery Rip impose and compose.

I feel like that is not true and a misunderstanding of color management from your tech. The purpose of calibration is to return your printer to a known state. As long as you are using the same measurement tool (full width or spectro) you should yield accurate results.

Now when you want to profile your printer I would use spectral data from the handheld spectro and not the full width.

I agree with what your saying, but that assumes the full width array can accurately measure the patches. And it assumes you can us it to measure the same patches, but so far we can't. On our 2100, you can't measure the 51 patch calibration with the full width array. It isn't an option as of yet.

What are the main differences/advantages between a 1000i and a V 2100?

Im not interested in gold, silver or clear, image quality is my main priority

I am pretty certain that the only real difference, other than the extra toner stations, is the durability. Quality, and speed, should be the same.

The Versant's toner has quite a bit more of a matte finish than the 1000's. (I've heard rumors of the 1000's having matte dry ink in Japan and Aus, but not in the US).

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back