Xerox 250

Hi all,

Just had a Xerox 250 (7655) delivered and the drums are all low on life....

Does anyone know if the counter can be reset...

Thanks

Please tell me this is not a new install. If it isn't then resetting the counter is... counter productive. If the drums have reached their life then you need to replace them. That's the purpose of the counter. If this is a new install, then get on the horn with service and your salesman and DEMAND to get someone out ASAP to fix the problem.

The last thing you want to do is walk away from a job and have the color turn to crap because the drum or drums fail!

The drums usually get 100k life or so. Do they look new? The tech will probably just have to reset the counters.

don't believe you can reset it, if i recall it right impressions number written in the drum chip. Also color drums are vital for quality print, we usually change them far before machine notice.

I guess you bought a used machine, because you mentioned DC250 instead of DC252.

if you are in the U.S., get a service contract, you'll have less problems and headaches; instead of trying to cheat the machine resetting counters in the drums. btw, you'll also be happier with the quality.

There's no way you'll want to be running that machine without a service contract, I know of someone who tried to do just that, printing reasonably heavy coverage stuff and it's working at ~50p per sheet SRA3. I can't say I've ever run a drum into the ground, they usually need changed before the printer starts yelping for it.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back