xerox 700 competition/ other options for upgrade at small digital shop

When looking for a digital color machine you might want to consider the gradation levels given by the machines bit depth.

The KM C6501 is an 8 bit machine which in return give you 256 gradations, that is over 16 million different colors.

There was an instance of a 2400x2400 dpi machine such as the Xerox 700. You can only get 2400x2400 dpi if you has software that will interpolate the image to do so.

A big factor is that KM has a more symmetrical toner that will fill in very nice compared to the Xerox 700. Xerox has a polymerized toner. The difference is under a loop.

As to KM's 600x600 dpi levels, if you hold a 2400x2400 dpi and 600x600 together you will not tell the difference. Believe me I tried. Xerox has never made a machine that will do 2400x2400 dpi with out interpolation. The industries standard is 600x600

The relay units on the KM C6501 has a tremendous impact on the print process. Keep in mind that the relay unit is designed to cool the paper before it passes through for a duplex print. This will give you the consistent speed of the machine and allow to maintain your through put.

BRAVO!!!
This is how KM would rstheer educate their customers.

The above statement is so true it is funny.

You are on the right track with the KM. I sell it as an Oce branded product and it has all the same capabilities as the 700 with a far better quality and time between calls. Its 8 bit color, Xerox is 1. I have clients that have done demo's on both and felt the Oce 665/KM 6501 layed its color more like a press.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back