Xerox 700 Tranparency Color Shift

western411

Xerox 700 with Fiery rip. PDF files originating out of Quark with a solid color box, with a text box and drop shadow around the on top have a distortion to the color outside of the area covered by the text box ( the background changes color). We have no trouble with the same PDF and a Momentum CTP rip or with a Nexpress output, only the file sent through the Fiery rip to the Xerox 700. I have tried every PDF repair, and layer rotation, flaten layers, pre flaten tranparancy prior to sending, you name it I have tiredit. Has anyone else seen this happen?

This tip has solved some dropshadow problems from Quark for us.

If the drop shadow color is lighter than the background color uncheck the "Multiply Drop Shadow" for the item with the dropshadow.

did you create a flattened PDF and print from Acrobat?

check the OVERPRINT feature in the Fiery driver.

If there's spot colours involved try composite overprint or spot colour matching off.
If there's grays/blacks involved try messing with the black processing settings.

And make sure that Quark is outputting As-Is and not converting colours in pdf (although if this were the issue I'd suspect that it would show up in the other RIPs you've tried).

We had tried every possible way of making a PDF and every tranparency, spot and process color conversion, outling all fonts, precombining layers, and flattening tricks in the book but none would fix the problem. We came across a post on this site yesterday and it fixed the issue. I have listed what we did below. This was a problem with the Xerox 700 and it's rip not the PDF. Xerox shame on you.

"Transparency issues w/ Xerox 700 + Bustled RIP *solved*

I was in the middle of writing a long post complaining about my transparency woes with the mentioned hardware.

Had the 'screen mode' set to Enhanced Text & Graphics was causing white boxes around my transparent objects sent from InDesign CS4 or Acrobat (PDF v1.3 -> 1.7), transparency flattened objects included.

Setting the screen mode to '200 Cluster Dot' resolved my issue.

Thought I would share, in the case this helps anyone else.

Cheers"

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back