Xerox 700 verse Ricoh C651EX

BigSi

Hi there.

Just wondering what are you thoughts on these two. Both are about the same price, same click rate. I have a 700 with a finisher. This is a real problem for thicker stock.(280gsm+) I'm not trying to do anything to it.
(fold, staple etc..) I know this is not possible. I'm just trying to get it threw. I've been told the Xerox will charge me if I log a service call to take off or attach the finisher ( How hard is it?, could I do it easily my self?) So my options are- Get a second 700 without a finisher, get a "stacker" for my current 700 or purchase a Ricoh as my second machine. My volumes are not high (funds are tight) These two machines are about the cheapest on the New Zealand used market at the moment. I'm not impressed with the 700 (getting the image straight being the main problem) but would the Ricoh be any better?.

Please don't reply if you sell Ricohs or Xerox's.

Your thoughts appreciated.

Hi - we are currently running a Ricoh 651EX with a Fiery controller and the imposition software. Great machine (we had a 720 Ricoh previously, KM Cpp500 - (still have it as a spare machine) Ricoh 6513 and a Canon 700). This Ricoh is great - front to back registration is spot on, never have a problem with the image being straight, no problem with running heavier stocks - rated to 300 - think you could push it if you had to. Colour is as consistent as any of these things can be. We have the spectraphotometer for calibration - this is invaluable (also use it for matching already printed material). We have excellent service in our area from Ricoh - which is essential in my opinion on any of these digital boxes. Competitive click charges - it is a workhorse - 481,000 prints in last year. Best machine we've seen yet in this class.

Thanks Bob, yes I'm tempted to get away from Xerox, they are getting to be a pain, e.g. tech running 100+ colour copies saying I'll get a credit for them and in the end I have to jump threw so many hoops to get them I give up. Happening all the time. But thanks for the info on the "651" any one have any experience with it in comparison with xerox machines.

I've been with Xerox since 2009 and it's been great. Currently, I run the C75 a newer generation of the 700.

I have a Xerox 700, and are happy with it. We run 300g duplex every day - never jam.
I just saw a demo of the Ricoh751 the other day. And its for sure a better machine. But also more expensive.
But the 700 is also older, and you cant get a new one anymore.

If the price was the same. I yould go for the Ricoh. If you have more money to spend, I would wait for the new Ricoh 7100 series in December.

Thanks for that. Xerox are pushing me towards a J75, rather than a 700 but this is quite a bit more expensive than the Ricoh 75. Can anyone tell me how the two compare. Please don't answer if you sell Xerox's or Ricoh's.

Thanks for that. Xerox are pushing me towards a J75, rather than a 700 but this is quite a bit more expensive than the Ricoh 75. Can anyone tell me how the two compare. Please don't answer if you sell Xerox's or Ricoh's.

I would go for the J75 instead of the 700.
Its a 700, but with many upgrades. It can take 300g duplex. I saw it a few times and the people that have it are happy with it.
The 700 is not even avaible as new anymore.

But I would go for the Ricoh over the Xeros J75, even though I am happy with my xerox 700

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back