Xerox 7002 or 1000?

We a new digital print company in our second year of trading and currently running 2 Xerox 700's. They have both done 1.2 million clicks in 13 months. We now see an engineer once a week and are losing about a days production per week.

We have recently looked at a 3rd machine a 7002. I am not a big fan of the fuser oil and was quite excited about the technology in the 1000.

Is anyone out there experiencing problems with either machine?

We are based in Guernsey in the Channel Islands and are big fans of the flat matt finish of the 700's. We are aware both 7002 and 1000 are glossier but are prepared to sacrifice our preference for better productivity.

Any advice would be most welcome

The 800/1000 have the same toner as the 700. It will give you the same look. We have tested the machine.

Hi, I have only seen a couple of samples which seem very nice indeed, but have had two separate Xerox people tell me the finish is really glossy even more so than the 7002.

We did demo's with our own files and samples that we had from our 700. And it looks the same as far as the flatness goes. Image quality & solids are much better. Of course if you add the clear gloss toner on a image it will look glossy. I've had demos both in Rochester and Chicago and things look the same.

I remember saying to a colleague a year ago stating why doesn't Xerox make a machine that prints matt aswell as gloss. Maybe they have with these 2 products. I am going to have to demo one for myself as the samples I have seen probably had the clear toner on them.

The machine was only launched in the UK a month ago. I have seen one in a showroom in the UK but not seen it working.

Thanks for your reply's I will try and organise a demo.

The 800/1000 does not use fuser oil
Any prints that appear glossy would be due to the stock or the use of Clear toner if you have it.

Cheers

I am a sales rep for Xerox and I have seen with my eyes the glossy appearance that the 800/1000 prints. It is almost identical to the iGen. However, during one of our demos, the creator of this product was present and she quickly showed us an operator could adjust the fuser temperature and completely remove the gloss appearance. Looked just like the 700, very flat and clean!

Make no mistake, this machine is a force to be reckoned with. I have a printer in my town, NOT A XEROX USER, in fact, not who I would call a Xerox fan, tell us point blank that the output is the best he's ever seen. Even better than the Indigo and the iGen! I would have to agree, though hearing it from a Xeroid like me, what would you expect me to say, right?

GCSPEC, this is why I like FUJI to be involved and do the machine setup as they have more experience in color management and replicating digital/offset.

I am a sales rep for Xerox and I have seen with my eyes the glossy appearance that the 800/1000 prints. It is almost identical to the iGen. However, during one of our demos, the creator of this product was present and she quickly showed us an operator could adjust the fuser temperature and completely remove the gloss appearance. Looked just like the 700, very flat and clean!

Make no mistake, this machine is a force to be reckoned with. I have a printer in my town, NOT A XEROX USER, in fact, not who I would call a Xerox fan, tell us point blank that the output is the best he's ever seen. Even better than the Indigo and the iGen! I would have to agree, though hearing it from a Xeroid like me, what would you expect me to say, right?

I saw 1000 in operation, and even if you print on uncoated card stock you still get shiny finish. If fuser oil doesn't exist, where does shiness come from? Another drawback, you can only make saddlestich booklets with 10 sheets of 80lb text paper if you're using built in bookletmaker. And interposer can't take 12x18 stock. I hope Xerox will fix this. Everyone is running 12x18 in order to get full bleed. Otherwise machine is great

I've got 3 boxes of samples that we ran on the 1000 and it doesn't have a shine to it. It looks like the 700, if it is set up correctly.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back