Xerox announces a 15% reduction in staff/employees (1/3/2024)

DennisC.

https://www.piworld.com/article/xerox-announces-new-organizational-structure-operating-model/

The just re-organized again.
Fired two Sr. VP's on 12/31/23.
They announced on 1/3/24 they will be reducing employees by 15% in 2024.
They had 23,300 employees at the end of 2021.
They had 20,500 employees at the end of 2022.
Another 15% reduction will take them to somewhere less than 17,000 employees.

Their goal is to focus on three key areas:
  • Core Print Business:
  • Global Business Services
  • IT and Digital Services

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing. I wonder if they'll be getting rid of their support organization and handing everything off to dealers/partners?

It’s a shame but I don’t think Xerox can correct the situation that they created when they started shedding knowledgeable employees and replacing them with boiler room script readers on the last round of major layoffs. They really don’t understand how the print for pay market works. Take care of the customer base and there will be dividend payouts for stockholders, put stockholders first and customers will jump ship.

I'm happier with my Xerox dealer than I was with Xerox direct but there's a disconnect between the dealers and Xerox that needs to be fixed.

Thanks for sharing. I wonder if they'll be getting rid of their support organization and handing everything off to dealers/partners?
Not shedding per se. Making service a 'different entity.'
Anything to do with payroll, ie human cost, gets outsourced so you can write it all off and don't have all those fiddly bits to deal with.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back