Xerox C560 and Auto Duplex

gazfocus

I'm having some issues with my Xerox C560 and auto duplex. According to the specifications of the printer, the printer should allow auto duplex unto 176gsm. However, when trying to use 'Coated 2' setting (for 150gsm paper), Command Workstation throws up an error saying duplex is not supported, which is leaving me having to do manual duplex. If I try using 'Coated 1', it works for the first couple of sheets then jams each time.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how I could get Command Workstation to stop being thick?

Is it only able to auto-duplex uncoated? I know my 7775 is that way.

I have the oversized high capacity feeder and this is what the specs say:

Auto duplex up to 65 lb cover (176 g/m²) coated and uncoated, up to 80 lb cover (220g/m2) for most stocks (letter/A4, Tabloid/A3).

I am getting increasingly frustrated with the limitations on this machine, but it's a different story when it doesn't do something that it's meant to do :(

The 560 is not rated for duplexing coated stocks. I have a 550 and have the same issue. I just set it as uncoated at the right gsm and it will run ok most of the time.

but surely if the machine lets him print coated 1 duplex its rated to a certain weight or it simply wouldn't print?

I looked at the specs in depth and it looks like it is an issue with the Fiery, as the machine is rated for it. Try calling Xerox and get escalated to second level support and they should fix it up right quick.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back