Xerox C75 vs Ricoh pro C751

montay

I am trying to decide between these two--Ricoh ProC751 and Xerox c75. I have not been able to find very much info on the Xerox c75 on this site. Does anyone have any experience/knowledge on this Xerox? any info would be great! Thanks Monty

I been researching the Xerox c75 and I will be signing for one tomorrow...

2 oversized paper drawers, standard finisher with booklet maker, external fiery...

2 oversized paper drawers, standard finisher with booklet maker, external fiery...
Grafico,
thats great. I decided to go with the Ricoh pro650ex. I could not get Xerox to freeze my service charges. I wanted 60 month freeze. That was the determining factor for me. I really wanted to Xerox. But escallation was the deal killer. Let me know how you like the c75 when you can. Thanks for the reply.

service charge locking

service charge locking

In my area (West Oz) Xerox offer the J75 with click charge locked for 60 months, along with a set of free bonus options valued at around $10,000

I'm signing up this week

Xerox c75 vs Ricoh 751

Xerox c75 vs Ricoh 751

Did you compare the c75 to the Ricoh C751?

Also has the separate stand alone workstation with additional hand held spectrometer, and a much more user friendly and functional calibration system, registration adjustment system etc. I looked at the Ricoh and Canon alternatives too, but the C(J)75 package overall (particularly with the $10k freebees) was what tipped the scales for us, and moving up from our current 700 should be a breeze rather than having to re-learn all the foibles of a different machine - and they all have them regardless of what the sales reps tell you!

Just checked these out on the web site. They look like great machines, but, the recommended volume/production load looks a light for our needs (75,000 to 100,000 images per month). We have 1 application alone that generates 300,000 images per month.

Still, looks like a great light-production machine.

Just checked these out on the web site. They look like great machines, but, the recommended volume/production load looks a light for our needs (75,000 to 100,000 images per month). We have 1 application alone that generates 300,000 images per month.

Still, looks like a great light-production machine.

That is the same recommended volumes they had stated for the 700. Now they make the machines over 100% more productive but give you the same clicks per month which I find odd. If you average more then 100k per month and you have service issues they can start pushing back saying it is due to machine volumes. I think they need to change this to 100-200k to match what the J75 should be capable of handling. If it truly can't handle that much volume then the machine is over spec'd for its market segment.

That is the same recommended volumes they had stated for the 700. Now they make the machines over 100% more productive but give you the same clicks per month which I find odd. If you average more then 100k per month and you have service issues they can start pushing back saying it is due to machine volumes. I think they need to change this to 100-200k to match what the J75 should be capable of handling. If it truly can't handle that much volume then the machine is over spec'd for its market segment.

Anybody know the price-space these machines occupy? In my mind, it looks good, but, doesn't look as durable as the Xerox 8002 or 8080 which have 1.2 million/month duty cycle. Could be the market segment they are after is higher than office color, but, less than mid-range production presses. Could be a good starter machine for newbie-to-digital not expecting too much volume, but needed better quality and consistency than office color.

I would expect the 8080 to retire soon with the x800 taking its place at a lower price point to compete with that segment. The C75 would be the intro production color but you need something between the C75 and the 800 which I'm not sure which box they will use. At one point you had the 250, 5000, 8000, iGen. The 250 box evolved to the C/J75, the 8000 evolved to the 800 but nothing filled the 5000 spot. Which is what I think the J75 should be in, but not at 20-100m monthly volume. Maybe they will refresh the 8080 with a better GUI but doubtful.

Well I have signed for the C75 I am pretty Optimistic that it will perform well.. I will keep all of you posted... I got
2 high capacity drawers, new external fiery, standard finisher with booklet maker and a new titan cutter that will keep my current dc 252 some company....

I had a demo for the Konica Minolta 7000 and 8000 and my dc 252 quality looked better than what they were outputting
that pretty much geared me to stick with xerox...

By the way my xerox agent gave me a smoking deal....:)

difference between the 2 is

J75 has in-line spectrometer
and can run all stock at the continued speed of 75 per min

other than that they are the same..

difference between the 2 is

J75 has in-line spectrometer
and can run all stock at the continued speed of 75 per min

other than that they are the same..
+ better cooling, profiling software bundle.

The inline spectrometer is for making output profiles + calibrating the machine. I think it is a huge deal, it will reduce errors, make the quality more consistent and safe operators time = more jobs through the machine = more profit.

The hand-held device also should prove very handy, at our demo we scanned my purple shirt with it, set the profile and were able to get a very close colour match on prints. Wouldn't waste my time on the folding unit option, 20 sheets max and you have to stop and empty - purely for small office use only, same with booklet trimmer, what use is a "front edge trim only" in a production environment where full bleed is the norm? Two weeks to wait for installation, any issues you'll hear about it!

The hand-held device also should prove very handy, at our demo we scanned my purple shirt with it, set the profile and were able to get a very close colour match on prints. Wouldn't waste my time on the folding unit option, 20 sheets max and you have to stop and empty - purely for small office use only, same with booklet trimmer, what use is a "front edge trim only" in a production environment where full bleed is the norm? Two weeks to wait for installation, any issues you'll hear about it!
Square fold trimmer does trim the front edge, but people might find it also handy. It also makes a square edge, so the look and feel of the booklet is totally different and u only have to cut the short edges, so that 33% less cutting. It is a good machine for print on demand purposes.
It can fold max 25 sheets.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back