Xerox calling about invoices that are not even due yet????

Inkscape Print

I just had a call from Xerox billing asking about open invoices that are not due for over a week yet. Rep says he just needs to make sure a payment is being made. We have not been late with a payment for a long time. Not sure what they are trying to prove but I told him to call back when the payment is actually late. In the meantime I have better things to do.......

I would not even think about calling one of my customers asking for payment for an invoice that is not even close to being due yet.

We're in Ireland and we have experienced the same calls recently about our invoices. Cheeky buggers.

They also raised our click charge without warning last month. I told them we wouldn't be paying until they can confirm it is correct. We have our Versant a year so it may have been in the small print of the contract but we didn't get warning and they still haven't come back to clarify it. I expected a raise about now anyway but if it isn't contract related then its out of order a raise without warning.

We're in Ireland and we have experienced the same calls recently about our invoices. Cheeky buggers.

They also raised our click charge without warning last month. I told them we wouldn't be paying until they can confirm it is correct. We have our Versant a year so it may have been in the small print of the contract but we didn't get warning and they still haven't come back to clarify it. I expected a raise about now anyway but if it isn't contract related then its out of order a raise without warning.

Usually the contract says they can raise the click cost* annually at a rate no higher than 5%.

Last edited:
I just had a call from Xerox billing asking about open invoices that are not due for over a week yet. Rep says he just needs to make sure a payment is being made. We have not been late with a payment for a long time. Not sure what they are trying to prove but I told him to call back when the payment is actually late. In the meantime I have better things to do.......

I would not even think about calling one of my customers asking for payment for an invoice that is not even close to being due yet.

They do this to us every few months or so. I end up getting nasty with them because it is ridiculous. They want paid ahead of time so they can collect interest on that money sitting in their account and not ours. Simply makes their books look better. I even got out my contract and read it verbatim to the guy and told him I dont want to hear from them until my 30 days are up.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back