Xerox DC 252 problem with magenta consistency (unevenness) - help

srki

Please help!
A few months ago my Xerox DC 252 started to print magenta uneven along the short side of the sheet (32cm=12,6 inch). Magenta decreases towards the one side of the sheet, front side of the printer, especially last 2 inches at the edge, one side and the middle of the sheet are fine and then it decreases down. I changed drums, belt, developer and without success. My service provider assures me that it's not the laser when I ask them to change it, but they can't detect what's the problem.
They tried to adjust the magenta intensity in service mode in printer but that resulted in decreased magenta on entire sheet and still magenta decreases on the edge even more (so now when I print 100%M, 100%Y I can't get nice rich red like I use to). And because right from the start magenta and yellow printed to strong in midrange tones compared to cyan I did corrections in RIP (CREO) to match offset prints as close as possible and made different profiles for different customers to mach there demands (they have their little workflows, papers they use, etc). Now with their corrections of magenta I have to redo all the profiles I have had so far and still it would not be the same or should I wait for some miracle so they figure it out?
If anyone can help me with advice I'd be very very grateful.
Thanx and sorry for my poor writing skills.

Thanx
I am just writing an email to my service engineer with some suggestions from my part on what to try next. Hope you don't mind I quote (copy) your suggestion to my mail. Maybe it will help. At least they might consider changing laser. I didn't even remember the developer housing - thanx. But that's not my job. I have a service contract and paying clik's every month so I don't have to pay for consumables and parts - I guess the laser is pretty expensive part so they keep it as a last option.
We'll see..

Tell them to change the ROS (which is the laser unit), dev unit and 1 btr rollers at the same time. Then you will notice improvement. I know that they won't listen, but tell them to change the dev unit with dev unit for X700, it will do much better.
Good luck.

I have done that in the past. Results were great and especially for this problem.
You can use DC5000 dev unit also but the doctor blade gap is too much for DC252 and needs to be adjusted.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back