Xerox DC250

skearney

We have two Xerox DocuColor 250's and we are experiencing color changes from the first print to the last print. For example on a run of 200 sheets our first sheet will be the correct light blue. The last sheet will be light green. Is anyone else experiencing this?

sounds bad! it can be the system loosing its calibration half wya through...we seen it happen. reset the machine back to the default calibration...then calibrate it and it should work ok. does your machine print red ok across a coated sheet? or does it fade on the right side?

Before printing this job we had just calibrated. It is not fading on one sheet, it is fading sheet to sheet. So each sheet is lighter than the previous sheet.

seems very weird...ours is the opposite...gets darker and darker lol. sometimes when you calibrate the drums just cant hald the calibration and revert back. i actually barely calibrate our machine and it keeps it nice and steady.

when it comes to colour critical we calibrate but it causes more probs than fixes

Does it happen on both 250's?Does it happen when copying?What type of RIP bustled,Fiery,Creo,Freeflow?How do you calibrate?

I've heard a lot of mixed reports about this. My own experience with a DC250 and DC260 is that they are cack at maintaining colour throughout a job. Either get darker or lighter and change in hue, fade at the edges of the sheet or start toner-starving in the middle.

Make sure your drums are in reasonable condition and that's about all you can do. Keep reporting it to the engineers, but you'll find that this sort of behaviour is 'in spec'.

If it's a really really really important job then I tend to run it in sections - some fronts, some backs, repeat until finished.

If front and back are the same colour then let it run however many sheets it can before the colour goes, pull the paper from the machine and open and close the drum tray. This'll give you another few sheets of proper colour, then you got to repeat.

Alternatively if you know what the machine is going to do - ie turn your red into orangey-brown, then overcook the set-up and make it a very vivid red and by the end of the job it'll merely be slightly muddy rather than bounceable.

Tedious, but then again these ain't production machines. That said, I run the bustled fiery and calibrate off the glass so maybe my set-up isn't ideal!

Ah the perils of "Fast Plastic"! Sounds like a classic toner starvation issue to me. How heavy is the coverage?

When you calibrate you are calibrating the DFE.If the machine is out of spec then the DFE will adjust for it.Make sure the machine has the latest software.Have the service rep make sure the machine is in good condition.Drums,developer housings and a few other xerographic components could cause your problem.
The only way to calibrate a bustled fiery is from the glass.You can also try calibrating the scanner.Stand alone DFE's are calibrated with mousitometers.

Can only calibrate off the glass? Don't think that's right..

picture_1750.png

That said I haven't had the chance to use any of the other tools - they're certainly in the menu.

Drums, dev tanks, CBT belt, CBT Roller - all have been changed and it makes no difference, there's quite a large amount of change across the sheet in the spec and quite a dev/toner ratio that is classed as 'in spec' as well. Could be the imaging laser or the window it shines through I guess.

Then again these ain't production machines and as much as it galls me to say it, I think you just gotta live with these sort of problems unless yer company drops more cash on a heftier printer. The pair of DCs have without a doubt produced some excellent quality jobs though, as well as some real lemons.

che.c is 100% right & we calibrate a 250 with the bustled RIP using an automated strip reader X-rite. Calibrating with an X-rite makes a significant difference to the colour accuracy on a 2xx. But, as many have said, if you want real colour fidelity a 2xx series is not the box for you.

We never got toner starvation issues on our 250 and we put a lot of clicks through it until it was semi retired a couple of months ago. I do remember having toner starvation with the DC12, but never with the 250.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back