Xerox J75 power consumption.

kayabusa

Hi everyone,

We have in our shop 3 Xerox Color 550 and we are looking to replace them with 2 J75. But the problem is we don't have 220v and the landlord does not allow us to access the breaker panel.

My question is, anyone has experience using a step up transformer from 110 v to 220 v ?

We used to have 2 Canon IR 8500's against a wall where our J75 now sits. I know we had to go through a huge restructuring for the J75 electrical. Talk to a local electrician (maybe someone you do printing for) and get their opinion. Heck, offset press operators typically have the knowledge to help. Make sure you tell him exactly how many and what type of outlets you are going to need or will need in the future.

You will want to update those circuits. If you lease, Xerox may require you to have those in place before they are installed.

I would consider moving. If you cannot get a 220 line, you limit your growth options. Tell the landlord that you may have to consider moving and see what happens.

There is more to it than 220 Volts. More important is the Amperage. If you have a 220V 20A outlet and your device needs a 220V 30A you need ALL NEW WIRING.
#12 Wire = 20Amp
#10 Wire = 30Amp
Check the details or you may have a fire hazard if not done properly.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back