Xerox V80 banding problems

Gianni_S

Hi Forumer,
how are you?
got a strange problem with my old V80. Some strange banding appears perpendicular to the paper path.
It shows 5/7mm grainy band and every 5/6cm a darker band. I noticed it especially into blu and violet.
I have changed several drums but it doesn't solved.
The tech guy did some test and said "this is in Xerox standards"… I have some great doubts about it.
Any idea about it?
Thanks a lot for every hint and advice you can give me!

G:

Sounds like Xerox's standards have been lowered!
Pictures? Does this happen on different stocks?
I would create a test file with 50% full page tints of CMYK, each color on it's own page. When you run this, that should tell you which color(s) are causing the issue if the issue is coming from there. Could be drums or even developer assemblies. If this is inconclusive, next likely cause would be transfer.
But this is your tech's responsibility! Ask nicely for someone else to take a look at it? If you have a contract with Xerox, why not request next level support to come in?

Sounds like Xerox's standards have been lowered!
Pictures? Does this happen on different stocks?
I would create a test file with 50% full page tints of CMYK, each color on it's own page. When you run this, that should tell you which color(s) are causing the issue if the issue is coming from there. Could be drums or even developer assemblies. If this is inconclusive, next likely cause would be transfer.
But this is your tech's responsibility! Ask nicely for someone else to take a look at it? If you have a contract with Xerox, why not request next level support to come in?
Thanks a lot, for the great hint!
Drums are new, I have changed them a couple of times to check if they would affect. But nothing.
In the next few days I will run the test you suggest, and lets see what happen!
With "Transfer" are you referring to a specif part like BTR or else?
I have asked for a next level support, still waiting for an answer...

Yes, BTR (there's two of them) is one part of the transfer system, as is the transfer belt. Power supplies sometimes create intermittent problems. But again, if you're under contract, I would keep pressing Xerox.

They said that everything is in their standard… I have asked "also the black?" "Sure!".
Probably Xerox is not for my in house standards.
Calling the Salesman, time to fight…

Attachments

• IMG_20200128_094015.jpg
    IMG_20200128_094015.jpg
    899.3 KB · Views: 398
  • IMG_20200128_094021.jpg
    IMG_20200128_094021.jpg
    569.5 KB · Views: 350
  • IMG_20200128_094030.jpg
    IMG_20200128_094030.jpg
    495.6 KB · Views: 356
  • IMG_20200128_094035.jpg
    IMG_20200128_094035.jpg
    641.3 KB · Views: 353
P.s.: Drums are new, develop unit were replaced in mid october by the tech guy.
Notice a dark halo on the left side of every sheet, that fades towards right.

Not sure about this one but I personally, I would do the following:
1 - Clean the ROS windows with the cleaning brush located on the inside of the engine door
2 - Print and scan a density uniformity test

Finally we have something fixed. Tech guy replaced by someone who know what to do.
Well, not fixed at all, but far far better than before. Unable to tell you what they have done, because they closed the door in my face.
Not the most polite persons ever met… but the most important things, now what I print is decent.
Thanks for your help and support!!

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back