Xitron Issues

TodHar

I just updated to the Navigator 8.08. Outputting to Presstek Dimension 400 CTP.Every time I start the inputs I get an error message."There are no filename exclusions.Spool folder input plugin.Proceed although already files in spool folder." Can anyone tell me how to correct this ? This message only appears once at startup. Ok the window and it goes away....Help!

There a small hidden files left over in the "Spool Folders" that the RIP sees during boot up. If you watch the screen you will see the RIP try to interpret these files and flush them. This is just a normal PC thing and you are doing the correct thing by just saying ok and letting the RIP handle the files.

BTW, this is nothing new with the Harlequin RIP when utilizing spool folders.

Thanks very much for the feed back.That is what I was told by the installer,but I just wanted a second opinion...

If you go and open the SPOOLFOLDERS and then go to TOOLS - FOLDER OPTIONS and click on the VIEW tab at the top of the window, you can change the view from "Do not show hidden files and folders" to "Show hidden files and folders". Then if you get the warning again, all you have to do is go into the spoolfolders and clean out the temporary files that have been left by Windows.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back