Xitron Ships 5,000th Navigator Digital Front End

prwhite

Administrator
Staff member
Xitron—developer of Harlequin-based Navigator RIP & workflow products—have surpassed the 5,000-mark, following a recent shipment of Navigator DFE licenses to Printware for their iJetColor systems.

According to the company, the Navigator DFE is one of the most popular industry choices. It’s the “go-to” solution for the FI-1000 “Bar in a Box” printhead from HP, the VersaPass, DuraLink and DuraBolt PrintBar systems from Memjet. FI-1000 customers: Printware, AstroNova, Martin-Yale and ADSI—cover mailing & addressing, labels and commercial print markets. Similarly, Memjet OEM customers include: Printware, Quadient, Kirk-Rudy, Arrow Systems, Paper Converting Machine Company, FP Mailing, Winkler + Dunnebier and Simply Inkjet.

More information can be found here.

I am honestly surprised it is only at 5,000 units. Xitron has been around for eons as well at the Navigator system. In my travels I have seen at least a dozen different installs.

I am honestly surprised it is only at 5,000 units. Xitron has been around for eons as well at the Navigator system. In my travels I have seen at least a dozen different installs.
The article actually said 35,000 installed, so you're right about that.

Looks like the announcement is specifically about their DFE - Navigator software that drives *digital* devices - that doesn't include the thousands of RIPs sold to drive film and plate devices over the decades...

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back