Xmf

We are within coo-ee of getting XMF, up from Celebrant, with any luck...coming weeks. Has anyone here upgraded and let, say, Dynastrip, "go"...to use a euphemism? We have Dyna v4.x. It's not CS4-friendly. We have to work in CS3.
Also have PREPS 5.3.3. Have not fully tested CS4 PDFs (PDF In>PDF Out), through PREPS; but at the most optimistic, even if they RIP, I'm thinking they're going to be at earlier versions of Acrobat, so correct flattening will have to be watched. Tomorrow may see if I can set up a Watched Folder on a Mac with Acrobat/Distiller 9. Got my doubts though.

Fuji rep says the in-built impo will do "98%" of what we want. Sales talk?
We do basic flatwork/saddle/perfect. Need shingling occasionally. No fancy web requirements. Would love some feedback from any who have transitioned. It's the risk (or not), of dropping Dynastrip from the upgrade that preoccupies me at the moment.

we are getting it installed on the 4th of August, ill let you know a couple of days after that how good it is.

Hi Frailer,

Im in Australia too, have you brought XMF yet? if you havent you might want to consider trueflow, it is a lot better than XMF.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back