XMpie Newbie

Hello all,

I'm pretty new to the XMpie game and not trying to accomplish anything crazy, but I am having a couple issues that maybe someone can help me with.

1) When exporting out of XMPie (via InDesign CS4) to make a .cpkg - I'm told that the fonts that are used in the file aren't exporting to the package when it is made. I do not see any font options for this whatsoever, so I'm not sure how to "relink" the fonts. Any ideas?

2) The file is a business card. Typical text - name, title 1, title 2, address 1, etc.. I am trying to make a field (Cell) so that if it is entered, it shows with a "C" before the number. I have figured out (via character styles) that if the field is present, it places the field and makes it bold. But all I need is for the "C" to be bold and not the entire line with the phone number. Any suggestions?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

I'm not finding any way to define bold, italic, etc. in the actual QLingo...

However, if you use Paragraph Styles it is possible to use a use a Nested Character Style that only applies to the first character of the paragraph. I've attached a screenshot of the option in this post. You can see the highlighted content object above the Paragraph Style window. For Character Style 1, all I defined was Bold and a larger point size so it would be more obvious for this example.

xmpie_styles.png

p.s. this is IDCS5, not sure if the nested character styles are available in CS4 but I think they should be...

Hello again,

I'm having a similar issue as before, but not exactly the same. The problem with the above worked out great, but on a different project I need the same thing, but on one line.

It's a business card:

name
title
address
phone fax mobile

all these are centered. I need it so that when phone/fax/mobile are entered that the character before it (be it the T/F/M) go bold instead of the regular font.
Using the above solution, I can only get the first 'T' to go bold since there are no paragraph breaks.
If I try to stylize it via qlingo and just a character style, all the information (T 555 555 5555) will go bold.

Any ideas?

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back