Your Experience required for Printing Job Cost Estimation and Management Software

There are hundreds of print estimating programs currently developed and being sold. He might want to just acquire one of those programs instead of developing a new one.

Yes, I know there are few softwares out there but i really doubt if hundreds of them are available. Are these software fulfilling current needs ? Are they at budget ? I heard that companies charging $5000 to $10000
There are hundreds of print estimating programs currently developed and being sold. He might want to just acquire one of those programs instead of developing a new one.

Well there may not be hundreds but very few of the printers in the world are writing their own estimating - you can get a package that just includes estimating or you can get different modules that do the tracking, invoicing and more. Spend your time printing not re-inventing the wheel . . .

We've used various solutions over the years, and as has been said before "don't reinvent the wheel". We used to use a home-brewed solution using Microsoft Excel; It worked well, but was not easy for other people to use. Then we used ePace; expensive and steep learning curve. We ditched ePace and started using Franklin Estimating. Franklin was inexpensive, but not very feature rich and limited in it's capabilities. We're now using PrintMIS by Epro and it seems to be a good fit for us. Disclosure: I'm the prepress guy, so I don't use any of these myself.
Good luck!

Even if programmers and labour is “cheap” in the developing world, one should not underestimate the amount of money and time that bespoke software creation can consume when compared to “off the shelf” software (both approaches have pros/cons).

Stephen Marsh

Did you read my first post completely?

I thought this was best forum to interact with printing industry members. I'm here to ask if print shop owners currently face any problems of some kind, if so I will solve it using software. I know for every problem software is not a solution at all. For example my brother's print shop has no orders for almost 2 months and he really worried. The reason is no online presence, he asked me to build a website and I said NO. But I helped him to receive more calls, Do you know how? I just made SEO for his business on Google

As far as I know with my experience business owners only care about 3 things:
1) Business owners pay me if I bring more sales
2) Business owners pay me if I cut their costs
3) Business owners pay me if I save their time

Can I ask you a small question? How can I market something doesn't even exist?

Just ask Benny Landa . . . . (suppressed chuckle) :)

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back