Z2100 leaking Ink out the back

jetzerm

Anyone else have this happening. We have 2 Z2100s that are leaking/dripping ink out the back right side of the proofer. At first I thought it was a saturated ink pad but that is on the left side on the proofer. This is coming from the right side where the printheads sit at rest. The proofers are still working fine, print quality it ok.

Anyone have this or know how to fix it?

We are having problems with the left side. Ink is building up on the pads and getting on the print heads. HP has not coming up with a solution, we have 5 printer's, all with the same problem. One thing they all have in common is GMG software and they are not any help either. We'll let you know when we get an answer.

There are 2 sets of pads, one on the left, and one on the right.
I had to order a maint kit to get them. I have not put it in yet.

I am having the same problem with our Z2100. It actually smears across the proofs. I called the HP support line, and they said there is no maintenance kit that he could find, but suggested wiping out the excess ink with just a lint free cloth and plain water.

I'm going to try this first but may have to get those new pads. I think my printheads may have been leaking, as they where expired and no one ever changed them. I replaced them with fresh ones and the leaking seemed to have stopped.....for now.

Call HP have them send out a tech to replace the Service Station - Q6718-67025 (part number.) I have 2 HPz2100s that were dripping ink just like you describe. They ran me through all kinds of stuff, finally got a tech. He said replace this part about every 6 months if you have heavy use.

Wowzers, $300.....whew.

from what I can scarcley gather on the net it includes...
drop detector, aerosol fan assembly, primer assembly, and service station spittoon

Can you inform me what these are? I guess the station spittoon would be the pads?

At any rate, it has never been touched in 2 years, so I would assume it's in need of a refresh, even though it's lightly used. Would these be hard to install or would we need to hire a tech to come in? I'm pretty tech savvy, and mechanically competent, so I wouldn't think it'll be too bad as long as theirs some instructions :)

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back