looking for a little advise
Our company is looking to get into the digital market
We have had 4 demos in the past few weeks

1st demo was a Xerox 700
2nd demo was a KM bizhub 7000
3rd demo was a Canon 7010vp
4th demo was a Ricoh c901

all 4 can come with either a fiery or a creo rip

looking for your opinions on the 4 machines as well as any service issues, which rip you prefer, print quality, color consistency and paper issues

Thanks

My first question is why would you compare he three to the Xeros 700? You essentially compared 3 mid level production printers to an entry level production printer??

So if you have the volume to justify one of the other mid level devices, do you really think an entry level production device will stand up to it during the terms of the lease> Forget about what will happen if you grow. Some things you just can't shop by price, you gotta look at the whole picture.

So if you have the volume to justify one of the other mid level devices, do you really think an entry level production device will stand up to it during the terms of the lease> Forget about what will happen if you grow. Some things you just can't shop by price, you gotta look at the whole picture.

I don't think any of them will last. They are all just a overgrow copy machine.
Not shopping by price just looking to get something to get going. If I where looking for volume I wouldn't use any of them. I would use the 2- 40" offset presses I already have

Then why bother if you have a misconceived notion of what they are? Stick with the offset, because what you are comparing is a AbDick 9870 to a Heidelberg SM72, not the same... not even close.

Oh and by the way, once you cross over to the dark side you WILL be pulling jobs off those 40" and running them digitally, especially if you get a QUALITY box to run them on!

i was a sales manager of KM Production Machine before, and now i am a user of KM and Xerox.

When u are considering a machine, answer these questions.

1) you need to have an expected volume for those machine? business will not come because you own the machines

2) who are your target customers? how short run their jobs will be? on what materials?

3) other than short run printing, any other application? like digital proof? variable data printing? personal marketing material? anything else?

i can say that those machines have the strenght and weakness, and those can be found our during the demonstraction for technical know how from your vendors and test of result from machine.

last but not least, as those are production types, forget the word "light production" or "high-end production", support is another important factor you have to consider.

in my area, i can say KM and Xerox provides the best support, the Canon gives the best image quality, but the support is..., the Ricoh gives you the highest speed, if u go for data printing which quality is not important, it is a very good choice in terms of $/speed, but the support and image quality is...

if the machine is to test your market, i think KM is a very good choice for the balance of speed, quality, response on different materials, supports and value. if money is no object, Canon is very good, but you have to check your support in your area.

Last edited:
I tested all of them in Hong Kong. My opinion are:
Xerox 700 -- Toy of Color Printer, problem on Heavy weight paper, fair quality but good service
Canon 7010 -- Expensive, Good quality, Bad service, salesman -- Where are they? (after sale)
KM C7000 -- Reseasonable price, good quality, monster machine (super heavy duty), paper -- almost everything can use
Ricoh C901 -- Rubbish, Poor quality, poor service, poor salesman skill but good price (lowest running cost)
So my company bought KM C7000 x 2 to do color proofing, shortrun printing & Special VDP printing. Till now almost 3 months, no problem at all!!!!

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back