Xerox 9065 versus KM 4060/RICOH 5300

BORAUG

Looking for inputs on which printer would be the best entry level printer that could handle synthetic stock that would be pre-perforated. The synthetic stock could be upto 300 GSM 10 mil range and could be a poly blend/PVC material and printed on both sides. Volume will not be substantial, approximately 20000 impressions a month on the higher end. The Xerox 9065 and KM 4060 and RICOH 5300 are rated for this kind of stock, but was wondering if in the real world whether any preference has emerged on which one would be the best option. I know that the KM4060 and RICOH 5300 are both great entry level printers. How does the Xerox 9065 compare against that? Are there any particular things it does better or not better than the RICOH or Konica? Would welcome inputs.

If you're primarily running synthetic, I would encourage you to get a machine with vacuum feed instead of friction feed. Synthetic tends to be very slick and the gripper wheels will start to slip over time, whereas vacuum feed won't fail. Therefore, you should jump up to the KM C4070 since the C4065 doesn't offer the PF-707m vacuum paper deck. I know Ricoh offers vaccum feed, just not sure if they have it on the 5300. Xerox doesn't have vacuum feed.

If you're primarily running synthetic, I would encourage you to get a machine with vacuum feed instead of friction feed. Synthetic tends to be very slick and the gripper wheels will start to slip over time, whereas vacuum feed won't fail. Therefore, you should jump up to the KM C4070 since the C4065 doesn't offer the PF-707m vacuum paper deck. I know Ricoh offers vaccum feed, just not sure if they have it on the 5300. Xerox doesn't have vacuum feed.
Yes the 5300 does offer a 2-drawer vacuum feed. It's called the RT5120 Vacuum Feed large capacity input tray (LCIT)

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back