'Rub' issues on IGEN 4

UK Printer

Anyone have a work around for the rub issues on IGEN 4 presses. Got some samples off the sales chap, press sounds fantastic, however on all the samples the toner rubs like a sod! I can imagine that been a real pain in the backside when if we got one and customers complained about print offsetting in the box.

Are IGEN 4 users having to do a post seal on all work, or do you not bother or does it only affects silk stocks in the main?

Cheers for your help.

Tim

Tim-

We run an iGen3. The fundamental process of building an image is the same between the machines. You should not be having those issues. In fact one of the reasons we chose iGen over Indigo is because the image is so much harder. We do direct mail with it all the time (we don't apply any sort of surface protection) and have no rubbing issues. That would not be true with Indigo for example.

I'm not sure what happened to those samples, but they aren't representative of the machine.

i do not have this issue with Igen at all. Either the paper they printed on was total rubbish, they had their substrate setting incorrect, or something was afoul with the fuser.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back