Canon
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you.

Comment

So, further to my search for the right printer for our 13x19 350 gsm cardstock (10,000 sheets per month, approximately 80% in black), I have set up demos this Thursday with both Canon and Konica Minolta to view their printers. Each of course is praising their machines, the Canon C650 and the KM C3080, and each promises that their printer will perform flawlessly.

What I asked is that they demonstrate the ability fpr their printer to handle as thick a cardboard stock as possible without getting into trouble (i.e. jams, error codes, etc.), in both simplex and duplex mode. The printing on both are probably good and so I'm not very concerned about that.

I further indicated to both that not only do I not have a need for finishing units such as staplers, folders, scanners, etc., I would prefer they weren't even installed.

As such, I was wondering if anyone had an opinon on either the printers, the companies and also what would constitute a fair and comprehensive demonstration that would leave me convinced which is the better printer for our needs?

I should also add that the reps from both companies were really involved and responsive to any and all queries.

Comment

A fair and comprehensive demonstration would be to bring a couple of cartons of your own paper and your files to each demo and give each a good run. Check each for image quality (first to last sheet), registration (on sheet, sheet-to-sheet, and front to back), and see how long they can run without a jam. If they do jam, which machine is easier to clear and get back up and running? If each proves worthy, in the end it is your personal preference on which delivers the image you are most happy with and which one you feel most comfortable operating. Which is easier to correct when things are NOT right?

Comment

Also, ignore the first sheet off the machines each time or any single sheets they show you.
          Look at the subsequent sheets as with heavier stock it will show up any banding lines or imperfections that will appear in an actual print run.

Comment

Thank you.

Comment

4OverCanonKBAAvantiXeroxSmartsoft (Presswise)DuploAMSEnfocus

Free Download

Collapse

Trade Show Survey=
            Instant October Trade Show Survey
            Come On! Only 5 Questions

PRINT 19 and PRINTING United are squaring off in October.
            Will you be at one of them?
            Both? Neither?
            Please take our 1-Minute survey to tell us about your plans for the two big fall shows!

Take The Survey.

CanonXeroxSmartsoft (Presswise)Duplo4Over

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4960 users online. 90 members and 4870 guests.

Most users ever online was 6,855 at 12:33 PM on 06-06-2019.

Working...
            X