Canon
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Konica Minolta controller

Newbie here so be gentle.

I have a KM C3070 with internal IC-605 controller. I'm trying to find out if I can export a softproof - exactly like the Fiery command workstation could do. Of course the salesman said the KM can do everything the Fiery could do.
    I've asked my dealers/engineers who seem to think it is not possible. This beggars belief, in my mind, for a DFE not to be able to offer this function?

So come on all you KM employees - help me out!

Dave

ps the IQ501 is fantastic!

Hi and thank you for purchasing the C3070
    With the IC 605 controller see the following link for help manuals. You can export a job.
    http://kmbsmanuals.konicaminolta.us/...k=job%20centro

This is performed via AccurioPro Print Manager

http://kmbsmanuals.konicaminolta.us/...103858639.html

When you received the machine it shipped with various CD's. One of them should have the Print Manager utility. If you need an assist to install contact your local support.
    A KMBS Production Print employee from across the water

A Production Print Konica Minolta employee.

Comment

Correction, see this link how to access the print manager utility:
      http://kmbsmanuals.konicaminolta.us/...103858666.html
      A Production Print Konica Minolta employee.

Comment

Originally posted by Davejh View Post
        Of course the salesman said the KM can do everything the Fiery could do.
        I would add that the KM controller can do what the Fiery can do if you have add-ons, just like you would with Fiery. Out of the box, they both have the same essentials for programming jobs, basic imposition, job queuing, etc. But when you want more advanced features, you have to pay for them just like you would with Fiery. For example, the Fiery typically doesn't do advanced imposition such as gutters, adding marks, bleeds, etc out of the box...you need to purchase an impose/compose license. KM has their own version of impose/compose called AccurioPro Flux which can do even more that impose/compose such as dutch cuts. Same for exporting a soft proof. This is only possible on the Fiery with the ImageViewer that comes with the Graphics Arts Package Premium Edition. If your previous Fiery did come with these out of the box, it was just part of the package and you paid for it whether you realized it or not.

Comment

Thanks guys - appreciate the feedback and pointing me in the right direction.

Comment

4OverCanonKBAAvantiXeroxSmartsoft (Presswise)DuploAMSEnfocus

Free Download

Collapse

Trade Show Survey=
          Instant October Trade Show Survey
          Come On! Only 5 Questions

PRINT 19 and PRINTING United are squaring off in October.
          Will you be at one of them?
          Both? Neither?
          Please take our 1-Minute survey to tell us about your plans for the two big fall shows!

Take The Survey.

CanonXeroxSmartsoft (Presswise)Duplo4Over

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3106 users online. 41 members and 3065 guests.

Most users ever online was 6,855 at 12:33 PM on 06-06-2019.

Working...
          X