Morgana Digifold - 'Clip P' Error

sidneykidney

An error has come up on my Morgana Digifold which says 'Clip P'. I looking in the manual and it said there was a paper jam. I then cleared all paper jams from all areas (including removing the back) and it kept on coming up with the same error. I have also used a can of compressed air and cleaned all sensors, turned off the machine, waited 5 Minutes and turned back on but still 'Clip P'. Any ideas anyone.

Just found out what was happening...there was paper dust on the sensors.
I sprayed compressed air from a can of aerosol to clear the dust and it's working perfectly.

I used air also, because they are very hard to get to sensor, maybe a small q-tip (cotton on a stick) will reach it, I have also had to change to another job run a few sheets then go back to the problem job, for me it cleared the problem, I think ink coverage or stock was missing the sensor but seem to reset after I ran another job

Since I wrote this post (back in July) I have had the same problem about 2-3 times and straight away, I open the top covers and blow some air onto the 2 sets of sensors next to the rollers using the small tube supplied to get into the nooks and crannies. This clears the error straight away.

The error occurs because our Morgana Digifold is on the factory floor in the same area as some litho machines, and over time, paper dust gets into the machine, even though its covered with a dustsheet when not used.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back