Alternative to KAMA ProCut

Miro

Hello everyone,

well, the thing is, we're looking for some versatile finishing machine like the Kama ProCut 53 - but something more affordable. What we need is some smaller, automatic, quick set-up machine for die cutting, creasing, perforating, blind embossing... We don't need hot foil embossing really. Something round SRA3 format would be enough.

Is there something on the market that offers these things for a better price? We're planning some investments this year and we're going to Druppa in May because of that so I'd appreciate your tips what to see there regarding this matter.

I know that Duplo makes some 'slitter/cutter/creaser' machines, however these don't offer die cutting and also I've seen just the DC615 and that's more like an office machine than a printshop machine. Our main target is to make the finishing process quicker and easier so we don't need to use more different machines in small run orders and so we can fasten the finishing of our production.

Thx
Miro

That machine looks great, however the THERM-O-TYPE company is not really known in Europe. I might get it easily, but the service would be just pain in the arse without having some official reseller in our country.

But I found one machine that seems really interesting - NAGEL DFC, flexo-cut. It is able to do pretty much the same as Kama ProCut and I believe it will be cheaper. I will know the price tomorrow. Anyone has some experience with this machine?

DFC - Ernst Nagel GmbH

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back