X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dov Isaacs View Post
    BAD, BAD, BAD Idea!!!

Very BAD idea!

On behalf of Adobe Systems Incorporated ...

Adobe Illustrator is not, repeat not, repeat yet again absolutely not a general purpose PDF file editor. The only PDF files that can be safely and fully edited in Adobe Illustrator are PDF files created by Adobe Illustrator via the save as PDF function and for which the retain editability option is specified. In such files, private data is added to allow such safe editing. You also must have all the fonts used in the PDF also installed on your system - Illustrator does not use the fonts embedded in the PDF (if any). For all other PDF files, editing in Adobe Illustrator may result in font changes, color changes, and content loss. Adobe Illustrator only supports a subset of the PDF file format and doesn't support mixed color spaces.

In the example given, the rich black likely came from a PDF file generated from an RGB application and fixing it in Illustrator may yield even more problems!

- Dov

Dear Dov,

Thank you, very very much.
    Still in 2017 many people think; illustrator can used for this and other related issues; regarding PDF (totally sick of it - explaining it's not!!)

illustrator is a outstanding Vector-based drawing program, i appreciated your honest answer!

enfocus PitStop or callas pdfToolkit are best the tools for adjusting/fixing pdf-related issues/problems...

Best regards

Comment

Wow, I was only trying to help by providing you guys with a simple tool that may help with what's being asked in this thread. You don't have to use it if your files are sensitive or confidential, but that's not everyone who needs it. Getting about a 100 PDF files fixed per day already, and for no return what-so-ever, it's just a tool I needed myself and decided to host for others to use.

Comment

Originally posted by yazeed View Post
        Wow, I was only trying to help by providing you guys with a simple tool that may help with what's being asked in this thread. You don't have to use it if your files are sensitive or confidential, but that's not everyone who needs it. Getting about a 100 PDF files fixed per day already, and for no return what-so-ever, it's just a tool I needed myself and decided to host for others to use.
        We have Pitstop Pro and it is very useful, but I must say that there have been a couple of instances where opening a file in Illustrator was the only practical method for fixing a problem and it worked like a charm.

Comment

4OverCanonKBAAvantiXeroxSmartsoft (Presswise)Duplo

Automation Article

Collapse

Avanti
        Why Would You Ever Want To Automate?
        It seems far too complex, costs money, involves a lot of people, will take time etc etc. And then you run out of excuses. Read the article.

Canon4OverKBAAvantiXeroxSmartsoft (Presswise)Duplo

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2917 users online. 36 members and 2881 guests.

Most users ever online was 6,611 at 11:23 AM on 02-27-2019.

Working...
        X