Convert 4c type in PDF with Acrobat?

Indeed, I have to congratulate you. Your service took my perfectly good PDF file, rasterised it at 720dpi using Ghostscript and sent it back to me.
This is innovation of the highest order for the 20th Century. Can you fax me more details on it please....

I must have got lucky, it only converted my type to outlines...

No offense, but I think I'll pass on sending my customer's files to Acrobat.

Seems like every post you make lately is a troll post. Are you insinuating that this "Yazeed" guy's site is trustworthy? With his whole single post history on this forum, and no information at all on where your file is going on the site itself?

Now that's an interesting question. What if I create a 'swiss-army-knife' type PDF toolkit website (based on a heavyweight industry standard engine mentioned here), with 'green bar' SSL class security – would you use that?

I'd still be nervous. With some of the stories out there about the online "trade printers" that have made sales calls to printer's customers, I tend to try to keep my customer info in-house. There's enough competition out there already - don't need to make it easier for them.

Seems like every post you make lately is a troll post. Are you insinuating that this "Yazeed" guy's site is trustworthy? With his whole single post history on this forum, and no information at all on where your file is going on the site itself?

I personally would not recommend using his website based on the same reasoning you stated. Just trying to liven up the discussion.

I thought the insinuation was that preflighting in Acrobat was untrustworthy, and wondered why.

As a graphic designer, people give me PDF files from Word. Rick black everywhere. Grr. PitStop is the only reliable tool I know of to fix the mess. Trying to correct in Illustrator is a mistake.

BAD, BAD, BAD Idea!!!

Very BAD idea!

On behalf of Adobe Systems Incorporated ...

Adobe Illustrator is not, repeat not, repeat yet again absolutely not a general purpose PDF file editor. The only PDF files that can be safely and fully edited in Adobe Illustrator are PDF files created by Adobe Illustrator via the save as PDF function and for which the retain editability option is specified. In such files, private data is added to allow such safe editing. You also must have all the fonts used in the PDF also installed on your system - Illustrator does not use the fonts embedded in the PDF (if any). For all other PDF files, editing in Adobe Illustrator may result in font changes, color changes, and content loss. Adobe Illustrator only supports a subset of the PDF file format and doesn't support mixed color spaces.

In the example given, the rich black likely came from a PDF file generated from an RGB application and fixing it in Illustrator may yield even more problems!

- Dov

Dear Dov,

Thank you, very very much.
Still in 2017 many people think; illustrator can used for this and other related issues; regarding PDF (totally sick of it - explaining it's not!!)

illustrator is a outstanding Vector-based drawing program, i appreciated your honest answer!

enfocus PitStop or callas pdfToolkit are best the tools for adjusting/fixing pdf-related issues/problems...

Best regards

Wow, I was only trying to help by providing you guys with a simple tool that may help with what's being asked in this thread. You don't have to use it if your files are sensitive or confidential, but that's not everyone who needs it. Getting about a 100 PDF files fixed per day already, and for no return what-so-ever, it's just a tool I needed myself and decided to host for others to use.

Wow, I was only trying to help by providing you guys with a simple tool that may help with what's being asked in this thread. You don't have to use it if your files are sensitive or confidential, but that's not everyone who needs it. Getting about a 100 PDF files fixed per day already, and for no return what-so-ever, it's just a tool I needed myself and decided to host for others to use.

We have Pitstop Pro and it is very useful, but I must say that there have been a couple of instances where opening a file in Illustrator was the only practical method for fixing a problem and it worked like a charm.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back