Standard Finishing
4Over

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone else having problems installing Acrobat 8?

Collapse
Canon
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone else having problems installing Acrobat 8?

Hello, everyone. This is my first post here, and wouldn't you know it, I have a problem. So here goes. I updated all of my CS3 applications as stand-alones, as that was how they were purchased. I saved Acrobat 8.0 until last. When I install the app. I get a message stating "You need to launch one of the other CS3 applications before installing Acrobat 8.0." Well, obviously I have already started the other applications numerous times, but I still get this message, and refuses to install. Adobe told me to uninstall Acrobat 7, but how would the Acrobat 8 know what to update? Any ideas.

Oh, by the way, I am working on an Mac Pro 2x2.66 Dual-Core Intel Xeon Mac with 4 GB of ram and 1TB of hard drive spacel

Thanks in advance.

Doglover

Re: Anyone else having problems installing Acrobat 8?

I would uninstall Acrobat 7 and toss all preferences. The Acrobat 8 installer will probably ask you for your 7 Serial number to prove ownership for the upgrade, 7 shouldn't have to be installed in order to install an upgrade version.

Comment

Thanks, Cory. I'll try that. I was hoping to avoid it, in case Acrobat 8 still wouldn't install. But I guess I have no choice.

Comment

Another problem regarding Acrobat 8:

I just installed CS3 Premium on a new Mac Pro (clean system). All works well untill I open Acrobat. In CS2, I can zoom using Command + spacebar. This doesn't seem to work anymore. Is this a common issue or is it just me?

Comment

Bob,

I can't duplicate that problem here. It doesn't work as smoothly as Acrobat 7 and before, but it works.
          It's particularly painful for me because I run 2 monitors. Switching from screen to screen in Acrobat
          8 takes a second, then the zoom tool takes a second to activate.

Comment

doglover,

This may be a silly question, but did you have any of the other CS3 applications running
            when you tried installing? I seem to remember seeing this when I installed Acrobat 8, too.
            I'm guessing it has something to do with reading your license info that you've already
            entered with the rest of your CS3 applications.

Comment

May or may not be relevant. Did you run a Repair Permissions after the other installs? Caution suggests it's not a bad idea. Maybe a Cache Clean via a utility like Cocktail as well. Just a thought. If you wanted to get really carried away you could run fsck.

Comment

Thomas,

Just installed acrobat 7 again, and there the zoom works just fine. Very strange. But in the 8, the zoom does indeed work kinda slow...

Comment

kristof,

I don't know if anyone addressed your issue about not being able to zoom using Command + Spacebar but double-check your Spotlight preferences in the System Preferences. The defaults are Command + Spacebar for the Spotlight Menu and Command + Spacebar + Shift for the Spotlight Window.

I had this annoying issue also until I noticed this. Just uncheck the two options at the bottom of the Spotlight Preferences inside the System Preferences.

Comment

I thought it was an activation issue. Have you activated AICS3?

Comment

4OverStandard FinishingDuploSmartsoft (Presswise)AleyantCanonKBA
                    4OverStandard FinishingDuploAleyantCanonGraph Expo4 PeesLabelexpoKBAKBA

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2920 users online. 53 members and 2867 guests.

Most users ever online was 6,597 at 10:25 AM on 04-20-2018.

Working...
                    X