Fonts messed up in GUI XMF Workflw

Drukkerij

Hello all, I hope someone reconize the next problem I have since I have a new Mac (and decided to clean up my font-collection)

Sometimes the fonts in the interface gets messed up, it seems that the Workflow uses another font than it did before and it's very disturbing. I attached two images where you can see the problem. There is a temporary fix and that is to empty the font cache, I use the freeware application Onyx for that, but the problem reoccurs after a while.

My system fonts seems to be OK, re-installing did not help and I cannot find where other font-settings for the XMF are. Our supplier of XMF didn't knew the answer, so that's why I give it a try here. Thanks for any help or suggestions!

Mac 10.6.8
2.8 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon
12 Gb 1066 Mhz

XMF Workflow version 4.1.0.6

Attachments

• before_font_cache_empty.jpg
    before_font_cache_empty.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 277
  • after_font_cache_empty.jpg
    after_font_cache_empty.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 258
xmf client is java machine and what u see is that is in xmf server

in xmf admin there is font manager
try to use font emulation in xmf
use pdf x

Saifou thank you, but the problems are not in the PDF files but in the interface of the XMF Client.

If I open the Client application on another Mac, or the Client on the XMF server-machine, the font is also different (and as how it should be!)

Attachments

• xmfclient_on_server.jpg
    xmfclient_on_server.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 266
Which font folders did you clean out from your new machine?
I would clean out all font folders except /System/Library/Fonts/ This is the critical folder for the system to work correctly.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back