Avantra 44 takeup motor problem

P

pam_add

we are having recently very strange problem, if any one can help to analyze it.
the take up align motor don't work. when i try to test it by AvDiag its work and rotate, but the AvDiag report Failed..
could the Dec board have problem or other board, or where could be the problem?

i'm think i made huge mistake
my problem is the film jam after knife but i diagnose wrong because when i turned takeup motor with my hand the film not jam .
and after that when i test this motor with avdiag and see it's failed i'm be sure this the problem but
now i'm read service manual , i see this line for take up motor test
Take-up cassette must be in system for this test to pass.
i'm confused please help

Dear Vlad can you tel me how much the volt must be for this motor when it will work. i think it should be about 12 volt, but when i am measure it's about 6 volt.
i try and change the power supply but the same happen.

TU motor is PITTMAN 24V DC motor, but actual value depends on the parameters like a current and a speed.
Remove one wire off TU motor and measure the voldage on the wires, not at motor's pins.
If you will see about 20V DC without motor and 6V with it - think!

Swap SDMs and, if your still have a problem - change the motor.

Last edited:
i swap the unload cassette b motor with take up motor , but still have the same problem i solve the case by change take up wind current value from 75 to 105 .
in the end of the day when i try to unload cassette b it's not work too .
as i see i need new motor for cassette B , but why takeup motor need more current to run ??

by the way the motor which i replace it , i buy it few months ago brand new
dear vlad what you advise ? i can clean or repair the motor ?

187 Take-up cassette core motor on failed.The problem isn't SDM.

If this is your error and you aren't using Take up cassette just remove the Motor or the wheel on attached to the motor. 187 appears on the Boot up sequence, bypass it on the Display and get on with your life.

This is a cheap solution, but works all the time.

For your motor, I feel you have to much friction from Rollers in the Bridge applied to this motor while moving the film up the bridge.

Open the covers on top of the bridge. Loosen the Screws on both sides of rollers.

Hope this will help

[email protected]
Armya Inc

Last edited:
dear farshad ..
thanks for your care , but i don't have error 187 ever
the problem is begin when the film is jam after knife and before bridge first rolls , in this time when i turn the wheel with my hand all things is ok , then i switch it with unload cassette b motor and decrease the current take up wind current value from 75 to 105 .
and all things is ok except i can't unload cassette B
yesterday when i load 90.5 cm film two times after finsih my works when i cut the last job the film is jam again after knife .
i don't know why ? as i say two times is same position and shape

Ok. Val is working with you on the problem. So it isn't a good idea to interrupt, otherwise you will be having more problems.

Am having error 165 on my Avantral 25 what can I do

Error 165: No carriage encoder pulses. The carriage isn't moving. Possible causes:
1- Covers interlock switches aren't engaged.
2- Dusty Carriage rails or encoders.
3- Carriage encoder and motors.
4- Carriage PCB.

Hope this will help.

1. Cover/Door Open signal will stop boot-up procedure before spin-motor will start and carriage will move to self-check encoder signals. Laser safety - FIRST!
Verdict - declined.
2. Analog and Digital carriage encoders - both are very good sealeded to prevent any dust penetration.
Encoder wheel touches the rail's bottom surface, not on tje top.
Dust version declined.
3. Possible.
4. Possible. Check encoder cables plugs insertion.

I expect bad contact of encoder wheel with the rail. Digital Encoder Preload assembly is dirty - grease turned to harder consistence.

Am having error 165 on my Avantral 25 what can I do
Do you get error 165 during boot up (Start up)?
Clean the grooved rail throughly.
Use a small flat screw driver wrapped with small piece of sand paper between the Carriage and the rail. Push and pull the carriage manually and slowly with screw inserted beneath to clean the encoder 's wheel.
Mare sure the Carriage moves freely. Push and pull the carriage all the way manually while the machine is turned off. Then make sure the Flat cable to carriage PCB is connected firmly.
Hope this will help!

Last edited:

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back