Apogee 2.1 renders old version of PDF

Has anyone had this problem? I received a PDF file from a customer who needed a line of type removed. I made the change in Acrobat Pro 9 and saved the file. I then put the file in an Apogee hotfolder. The file that was rendered was the original file without the revision. Any ideas as to why this is happening?

I would rename the corrected PDF completely and try again. If the problem persists, import the revised PDF file into Indesign and export a PDFx -1a, renaming it again and put that to the hot folder.

rg

I've never seen that before, but try saving with "Save as...." When you change a PDF and use the "Save" command, the changes you made are usually appended onto the end as a cumulative change. You can often revert a PDF by simply removing the proper amount of data off the end, and maybe that is happening accidentally for some reason. The "Save as...." command recompiles the PDF, and saves you some hard drive space if you've removed images.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back