What is the difference between CT printer and HT printer in the EFI software?

kennylzf

Hello! everyone:

I want to know the difference between CT printer and HT printer in the EFI software. Could anyone help me?

Best regards!

kenny

manual extract:-
EFI XF uses different methods to implement screening.
Method 1 requires a media profile that incorporates the screening file.
method 2 you can "patch" the screening file to an existing base linearization and media profile. The only requirement is that the screening file and the base linearization must be created for the same printer resolution.

does it help?
edwin
www.image2output.com

continuous tone vs halftone?

Yes, THanks!

As we all know , there are 9880CT and 9880HT in the kinds of printer . when I need to make a linearization to my printer , which should I choose ,and Why ?

I Know that 9880CT use the printer halftone and 9880HT use the SE1 /SE2 and screening .What is the difference ?

manual extract:-
EFI XF uses different methods to implement screening.

does it help?
edwin
www.image2output.com

Is CT method 1 ,and HT method 2 ?
Method 1 requires a media profile that incorporates the screening file.
Does it mean I can only print the PDF file and ONE BIT TIFF file that include the media profile (ICC) ? If not ,could you give me an example ?
method 2 you can "patch" the screening file to an existing base linearization and media profile. The only requirement is that the screening file and the base linearization must be created for the same printer resolution.
I don't understand this , could you give me an example ?

I think there is a misunderstanding here. CT and HT in EFI does not mean contone vs halftone which is understandable nor does it mean 1 vs 2 -- that's Dot Creator that you're talking about.

CT and HT means, for example:
Epson 9880 CT - EFI sends CMYK information to 9880 which then the Epson disperses that information across it's CMYKcmkk heads.
Epson 9880 HT - EFI is capable of controlling the CMYKcmkk information to the printer and how the Epson will disperse the ink. Full control of color. This printer driver also allows symmetrical printing (1440x1440) which is best when printing through Dot Creator or 1Bit tiff files.

Unfortunately EFI does not have a HT driver for the 900 series, but they are working on one.

EFI Halftone v. Contone Drivers

EFI Halftone v. Contone Drivers

This will be a nontechnical description from the standpoint of someone who uses these drivers rather than designs them; for the former you'll have to consult tech support on the EFI Proofing Forum.

The halftone drivers have direct access to and control over printer functions such as screening, linearization, and light/dark ink ratios and limits. This allows you to build a "media type" from scratch. This comes in handy when working with unusual materials. The control over screening is useful when printing 1-bit TIFFs, which require a super-hard "dot." Halftone drivers can be faster, too. Halftone drivers in some cases can control extra colors, such as red, green, orange, so for printers that have these one can make true multicolor profiles, such as CMYKOG or CMYKRGB.

Contone drivers work with existing device-level drivers and presets, or media types, with names like "Enhanced Matte Paper," which determine ink limits, screening, and linearization and give limited control over resolution and other quality/speed variables--much like the RGB drivers provided free with printers. The color model and profile type for these drivers is generally 4-color (CMYK), regardless how many inks the printer has--extra colors are merged into the CMYK definitions.

Halftone drivers are very hard to write for printers with extra colors, such as the HP Z31/3200 and the Epson 79/9900 series. The 11880 was apparently difficult as well, and EFI declined to release a HT driver for this printer. EFI's contone drivers work extremely well, however.

Please feel free to contact me for further information or assistance.

Mike Strickler
MSP Graphic Services
Certified Implementer and Reseller, EFI Proofing Products

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back