Acrobat Crash during PitStop Preflight

pronto

Hi Community,

I try to debug an annoying problem with Acrobat Pro on Mac in conjunction with Acrobat Output Preview and PitStop Pro. If an user opened several PDFs and do a color check in output preview, followed by a preflight check with PitStop Pro (version 9 and above) bit by bit, Acrobat crashes maybe after the third or fourth PDF.

Here is a link to an exaple crash report: AcrCrash - Pastebin.com

Is there anybody out there who can help with a clue to fix that problem?

Thx in advance & Bye Tom

I frequently get crashes if I leave Output Preview open and go between documents. Haven't tracked it to a Pitstop issue, though.

I frequently get crashes if I leave Output Preview open and go between documents. Haven't tracked it to a Pitstop issue, though.

I agree with you, the crash is probably caused by the output preview instead PitStop but Adobe says that they are not responsible for this issue, if the crash is in connection with a third party plugin. So I thought that maybe there is anybody in Acrobats orbit who worked around this issue, ideally with a positive response... ;-)

Thx & Bye Tom

Servus abc,

there is another aspect why I try to sensitize just you, I have heard that you (Belgium Enfocus Team in particular) have a short wire to the Acrobat development team. So your signature let me believe to have found just the right one ;-) Maybe you can do me a favor (and for many pretty prepress bunnies too) and try to ask the person in charge by Adobe how we get rid of that annoying problem.

Do you?

Thx in advance & Bye Tom

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back