Collapse
Canon
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ideal margin sizes?

What do you consider ideal margin sizes for magazines or booklets with 8.5"x11" pages?

Re: Ideal margin sizes?

I usually use 1/4 inch top, outside and bottom and 1/2 inch inside if it's saddle stitching.
    By the time I walk out of here, I'm going to be a lean, mean, prepress machine...

Comment

I always think a good half inch on the outside margins so your thumbs dont hide the print works

Peter
      There was a formula (ratio - I think it was 3 units on the outside 4 units at the top , in the middle 2.5 units (giving 5 across the spread) in and 6 at the foot.
      http://www.desktoppublishingforum.co...isplay.php?f=3
      Go on this site Kathleen Tinkel is/was one of the leading typographers she will help you

Comment

I'm in a newspaper web environment - we specify .375" all the way around.

rich

Comment

I'm in commercial offset sheetfed and use .5" (half inch) all the way around, so crop is always 1" (one inch) larger than trim size, and page is always centered in paper - in all programs. Smooth sailing, and can quickly tell trim size on any file with marks and bleeds, no matter what program I'm in.

Don

Comment

1/4" all the way around unless there is a saddle stitch involved.

Comment

4OverStandard FinishingDuploSmartsoft (Presswise)AleyantCanonKBA
            Standard FinishingDuploAleyantCanonGraph Expo4 PeesLabelexpoKBAKBA4Over

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4704 users online. 100 members and 4604 guests.

Most users ever online was 6,597 at 10:25 AM on 04-20-2018.

Working...
            X