Light-Standard-Dark Color Standard Book

Printing_Is_Fun

We have a customer that wants us to make a Light-Standard-Dark color standard for them. They want it done with our proofs, not on the press like we usually do. I am not sure how to go about it - anyone has any experience making the book standard on the proofing end? Or a good argument why it wouldn't work? I have never heard of it before...

Thank you in advance!

Do they explain why they would want this?
What do Sales and Sr. Management think of this?
Assuming this is for 4/c process, do they want each of the 4 colors lightened or darkened by the same amount and do they know that this is not how a (an offset) printing press works?

If you are proofing to inkjets you could probably set this up with profiles to make proofs through "Light" and "Dark" queues in your rip, depending upon what rip it is. For spot colors you'd probably be best off using L-S-D ink drawdowns and using them as client-approved guides at press. I have found that inkjet paper as in Epson Proofing Paper 240 fades and yellows - faster than paper such as SBS or Everest / Carolina.

Check in with the Color Management forum also, you may find someone there who is already practicing this method.

-dan

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back