type under shadows spreadiing

rande

Any quick fix for that? Other than going into each copy block and bringing them to the front?
thanks

While I'm at it. These files have shadows all over and where ever they hit takes a chunk out of the area.
Any way around that?

Hi rande,

We've had the same issue at times. Here's what we do...

Take the graphic with the drop shadow and step & repeat it into the same position as the existing one. Turn the drop shadow off for the graphic you just stepped. Now bring the text above the bottom graphic with the drop shadow but below the the newly stepped graphic without the drop shadow.

Does this work?

Cheers,
Jon Morgan
Hopkins Printing

Thanks Jon,
That would have helped on the page I just had problems with had I read this sooner.
But I was wondering if there's a global change in prefs.

Here's a sort of work around to try, export a PDF version 5 compatable and up then do a Save As... Postscript. The flattener in Acrobat does a better job than the one in InDesign.

Good Luck

Monkey

It's a very simple solution.
In Prefs, Trapping, be sure to set the trapping to Knockout All
Hope this helps
Bobm

The problem is because of quarks special overprint treatment of black. The knockout all does have the downside of knocking out all ;).

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back