Heidelberg Anicolour (???)

Re: Heidelberg Anicolour (???)

I would hate for you to be confused - and I havent read all the text.

Anicolour uses conventional plates and the same damping system as an SM52 .

Its the inking system that is different

The inking roller is the same circumferance as the plate cylinder - and

the duct ink roller is the same circumferance as the plate inker and plate cylinder.

The duct inker roller has furrows in it - as it passes the ink duct ink is pushed into the grooves and then a docter blade cleans the roller leaving ink in the grooves.

The ink is transfered to the plate inker and then onto the plate -

There are no ink keys and it does work

Peter

Cheers Peter,

I spend most of my life confused so dont be to concerned, i lost the plot when you mentioned toner and variable data, i thought you were making the point that the anicolour could do variable data and printed with toner.

As for the 74 DI , it does have Alcolour dampening and the issue of waterless has never crossed my mind, the plate which was used on press was a saphire thermal plate, which was not waterless and im not sure anybody manufactured a 74 sized processless thermal plate (if you class a water/fount only cleanup after imaging as processless) but i could be wrong, when the press arrived the rip was cut from the pc`s driving the heads so we never got to play but since then we have suffered major electrical problems in the DI box, voltage surges causing boards to fry even with step down transformers and surge protectors inline. I love heidelberg engineering its second to none but on the DI the electrics are a bit rough. At lastcheck were were up to about $20.000 worth of boards alone without finding cause of problem.

Paul

Morning Peter,

We have a speedmaster 74 di, the press with the pull down heads on each unit. we run as a conventional litho press as mentioned earlier due to maintanance costs. I think there must only be about five left in the uk now as i was told heidelberg were stripping them back to standard 74,s.

Cheers Paul

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back