PRINTMASTER QM 46 - BANDING ON BLANKET

abc27

Hi all, i'm getting this problem after about 200 sheets, it starts off with a faint banding 80mm from the grip edge and again 310mm on the sheet as seen in the photos the really strange thing is im getting the banding on the blanket which is transferring to the sheet but the plate is completely clear.
ive gone through the press and all the ink roller settings are correct and also the damping rollers seem fine, ive put new packing and blanket on the press which made no difference.
ive also tried changing the fount and got the same result.

Attachments

• IMG_2350.JPG
    IMG_2350.JPG
    818.3 KB · Views: 327
  • IMG_2348.JPG
    IMG_2348.JPG
    552.8 KB · Views: 332
  • IMG_2349.JPG
    IMG_2349.JPG
    618.6 KB · Views: 342
Hi all, i'm getting this problem after about 200 sheets, it starts off with a faint banding 80mm from the grip edge and again 310mm on the sheet as seen in the photos the really strange thing is im getting the banding on the blanket which is transferring to the sheet but the plate is completely clear.
ive gone through the press and all the ink roller settings are correct and also the damping rollers seem fine, ive put new packing and blanket on the press which made no difference.
ive also tried changing the fount and got the same result.
reduce ink roller pressure, check hardness of those rollers, might be the time to replace them

Usually the roller pressures are too tight to plate. I also have had the problem with ink being too soft.
I add a water repellent varnish to thicken it up. has been what works for me.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back