Collapse
Canon
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aqueous Coating

Anyone have any ways to tell if an already printed piece has an AQ? Varnish and UV are easier to tell just based on smell and I thought of the writing test to see if a ballpoint will write on it but we use three different AQs and I just tried writing on all three and they accepted the ink totally fine...

I'm looking at various printed and bound samples and trying to determine if they were coated or not.

If you have a loop you might be able to see it on the surface depending on the type of coating used. I use a loop to check my coating lay down from time to time.

Comment

You can try giving it a crude squalene test. Take your index finger and wipe it along your nose. Now take that finger and rub it with light pressure against the printed area. If the ink easily rubs off then there is no aqueous coating.

Comment

AQ.jpg

Hey it works, you did say wipe your finger around your nose and not up your nose right?

Comment

Rj litho

Spray any household cleaner on Aq fantastic force forty and wait for a bit and then wipe it the Aq will wipe off and the varnish will not .

Comment

Originally posted by Cornishpastythighs View Post
            [ATTACH]2346[/ATTACH]

Hey it works, you did say wipe your finger around your nose and not up your nose right?
            Hey, if it worked for you, it doesn't matter where you put that finger! lol

Comment

CanonKBAAvantiSmartsoft (Presswise)DuploEnfocusXerox4Over

Canon Embellishment White Paper

Collapse

Print Embellishment Goes
            Straight To The Bottom Line

InfoTrends reported that interviews with more than 100 print customers demonstrated an appetite and willingness to pay premiums of 24% to 89% for special effects, over CMYK-only printing. They also indicated embellishment could apply to a significant portion of their work. Embellishment options can include hot foil stamping, spot gloss UV, embossing, debossing, letterpress, diecut shapes, lamination, duplex, triplex, gold foil, silver foil, copper foil, white foil, black foil, clear foil, etching, and laser cutting techniques. Download The Free White Paper.

CanonSmartsoft (Presswise)AvantiKBAAvantiEnfocusGraph ExpoDuploXeroxChili publish4Over

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5290 users online. 97 members and 5193 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,745 at 04:03 PM on 10-10-2019.

Working...
            X