Aqueous Coating

JudP

Anyone have any ways to tell if an already printed piece has an AQ? Varnish and UV are easier to tell just based on smell and I thought of the writing test to see if a ballpoint will write on it but we use three different AQs and I just tried writing on all three and they accepted the ink totally fine...

I'm looking at various printed and bound samples and trying to determine if they were coated or not.

Kaoticor

If you have a loop you might be able to see it on the surface depending on the type of coating used. I use a loop to check my coating lay down from time to time.

Bob Peterson

You can try giving it a crude squalene test. Take your index finger and wipe it along your nose. Now take that finger and rub it with light pressure against the printed area. If the ink easily rubs off then there is no aqueous coating.

RJ Litho

Rj litho

Rj litho

Spray any household cleaner on Aq fantastic force forty and wait for a bit and then wipe it the Aq will wipe off and the varnish will not .

Automatically Autonomous Automation

Automatically Autonomous Automation
Although the autonomous car is not quite ready, a lights out print operation is something you can do right now if you have a comprehensive Print MIS (Management Information System). The advantages can put money on your bottom line. So what’s your next step? Link to Article